1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running NBA All-Star festivities thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by buckweaver, Feb 15, 2008.

1. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

This has been awesome. Disappointing, though, that Moon put the tape where he did and then didn't go from there. Took away from what was a seriously badass dunk.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

For a finale, does Dwight Howard put a dollar on top of the backboard and make change? Good lord the man is phenomenal.
    Allowing guys to use props again is what's really brought the dunk contest back.

3. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

I'd say that and people realizing you could go from beside/behind the backboard.

4. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Best. Dunk Contest. Ever.

5. Sorry. Nothing will top '88. That was like Home Run Derby with Aaron and Mays, this is like Ryan Howard (Dwight) and Steve Balboni (Greene)

6. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Screw it. Call it a tie and go overtime.

7. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

I don't remember Steve Balboni in the dunk contest. Was he up against Greg Luzinski?

I don't mean to go there again. But I heard the guys say "tittie" about 10 times. Since then, I've heard "damn" three times, and my wife notes that they also threw in a "helluva." I curse like a sailor. But this is a professional sports all-star game. I've never heard that kind of language from broadcasters in any other sport. It's alarming. David Stern and TNT should be ashamed.

8. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Other than the wrong guy winning, the winner doing the same dunk twice and missing it once, you're exactly right.

9. VJ

VJ Member

The word damn offends you? 1928 called, it wants you back.

10. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Howard wins. Either guy could have won.

11. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

Do you regularly use the word "damn" in front of young children? Is it likely that young children watch an NBA slam dunk contest?

12. John

John Well-Known Member

Pretty damn impressive, and the poster should sell pretty well:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted