1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Movie Awards Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, Dec 7, 2018.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Actors gonna act

2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Jamie Foxx could have (he has the voice, and does a really good Ray Charles impression), but they decided to use Charles' voice.

However, Foxx was playing the piano in the shots as he is a classically trained pianist.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The racism in Hollywood is so strong they gave a second directing Oscar to a Mexican rather than Spike Lee.

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Just like Fuselli Jerry was just sitting there.

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

It wasn’t the best movie nominated - The Favourite was - but it’s got a screenplay with good dialogue, two strong central performances, an ending that has a white man inviting a black man to his family dinner, and more or less good intentions. Critics exist to pick through the subtext and challenge artistic decisions and make even questionably hyperbolic arguments in service of putting art through the wringer. Chang does that. Doesn’t mean he’s right.

misterbc likes this.
  6. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

We have?

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

"Free Solo?" I've watched it twice now - once on IMAX. Given the only other movie I saw in a theater in 2018 featured Teen Titans Go, that speaks to the quality of their work.

9. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

I suspect Spielberg campaigned behind the scenes for Green Book, much as he did for Paltrow in Shakespeare in Love.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

You haven't thought about what you would say if you had two minutes in front of a big audience? Whether it be a graduation speech, HOF speech or a "Kiss My Ass I'm Leaving This Dump" speech?

11. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Nope.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I won't remember this year's Best Picture winner by the time I get out of the parking garage tonight.

Draft saved Draft deleted