1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running MLB Thread, Part the Fourth, 2007

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by zeke12, May 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

You can't throw a team's starting pitcher out in the first inning, I don't care if he had hit him with the first pitch.

You just don't fucking know. You wait until a Cub gets plunked, then it's even and you warn both teams.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I agree with that. And it wasn't like there is a long history, though even if there was it should have been just a warning.

3. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

That's why I'm interested to hear the ump's justification. Tossing a team's starter in the first fucking inning for an 0-2 hit batter is fucking ridiculous.

Renteria, his replacement, the batter after him or the Braves' pitcher should have been plunked. End of story. I know Lou was probably concerned that losing his starter in the first inning could be tough for his 'pen, but you have to retaliate. You have to.

4. casty33

casty33 Active Member

Let me repeat my mantra ... the Yankees may not lose ... well, you know the rest.

(Just to explain ... a good friend of mine, completely anti-Yankee, used to do this as a form of reverse psychology. Keep raving about them, and predicting them to win, and, pretty soon, they'll lose and you'll be able to sleep. I just don't know when that's going to happen).

So I repeat ... go Yankees go.

5. MilanWall

MilanWall Member

It was 2-0.

6. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Correct. It was 2-0. That makes it slightly, slightly less ridiculous for the ump to toss him.

So that makes it only 99 percent ridiculous.

7. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

You don't have to retaliate THEN.

8. MilanWall

MilanWall Member

Confirm. Royals would probably compete in the NL Central.

9. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Exactly. ... And especially after the umpire's given a warning, deserved or not. You're just stupid if you go and get yourself ejected after that.

Y'all's idea of "retaliation" makes about as much sense as that umpire's judgment.

The season's 162 games long, so you wait until the situation favors you. So the Cubs don't play the Braves again, dat's the breaks. If you still want to hold a grudge against Renteria, well, he ain't retiring anytime soon. Plunk him next year.

10. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

It's the Phillies. They could have been playing Southwest Missouri State and they would have lost two of three in that series.

I told you before it happened what was going to go down. And it went down exactly like I said.

Now they'll take 2 of 3 from the ChiSox to make you THINK they're turning the corner again.

11. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Then procede to get swept by Detroit. We all know the circular motion of the Phillies.

12. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

Great weekend for the Mariners. Three one-run wins against the team formerly with the best record in the N.L.

Felix actually had a quality outing. M's bullpen remains the best in the A.L. Offense continuing to find a way (if Sexson was hitting even .210 it would be the best offense, statistically, in the A.L.)

/m'sfanboyloser

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.