1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running MLB Thread 2007 #1

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Apr 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Braden Looper is a starter now?

2. jagtrader

jagtrader Active Member

They are counting on Jason Marquis.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

According to the Drunken Genius he is.

4. WS

WS Member

going to mid 7, it's 5-5. So, someone has to win, and I'll get the over

5. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

The NL Central might as well be determined by a lottery.

Houston has decent pitching now and could always get a boost from Roger come May 1. The offense, though, isn't as awe-inspiring as it once was.

St. Louis probably has the best mix of pitching and offense, but there are holes in both. Kip Wells as your No. 2 starter doesn't instill fear in me.

Milwaukee has a lot of great young talent, but I'm not sure the Brewers management knows what to do with what they got. Pittsburgh is similar, though the depth isn't as great as the Brewers.

Chicago is Chicago. The offense will do great, but what'll happen when the wind blows in in Wrigley? Plus, who do they have after Zambrano in the rotation?

I'm a Cincy fan, but the Reds scare me to death. The offense is woefully inconsistent for the stats it produces and way too reliant on the long ball. Harang and Arroyo could each win 20, but the bullpen will blow a few wins for both this year. They're also stocking up on a few Rule 5 guys, which seems absurd for a team that could win the division.

So, in other words, don't expect the NL Central winner to win more than 87 games this year.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

Synopsis of freelance's post:

God, the NL Central sucks.

7. casty33

casty33 Active Member

Quick observations ...

Grady Sizemore is an MVP in waiting.
    Tampa Bay still stinks.
    The Reds could surprise us all.
    I continue to marvel at Tom Glavine, who has really changed my mind about him over the last two years. For five or six innings, he is excellent.

8. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Ben Sheets: Complete-game two-hitter, no walks as the Brewers win 7-1....Suck it NL Central! ;)

9. Curt Schilling's career ERA at Kauffman Stadium is now 7.03. That sucks and there's no way to explain it

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yeah. Except Reyes is actually an outstanding player on both sides of the ball.

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

Wait a minute, BYH said something good about a Mets player and the board didn't crash?

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Haha I always liked Reyes. Amazing player. He's Jeter with Grade-A talent and personality. I'm pretty sure I never said anything bad about Reyes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.