1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Media Day thread (Doesnt matter which conference, come on in...)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Jul 20, 2010.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Just got into Dallas, where I'll visit the Big 12 until Wednesday before heading to LA. Spent today in Salt Lake for the WAC. Had lunch with Idaho and had a very good chat. We'd never met. Very fine fellow and I was glad to make his in-person acquaintance.

2. John

John Well-Known Member

I've got the SoCon teleconference tomorrow. I'll dial in at about 8:40 in the morning and if I'm lucky I'll be done by 4:30 p.m.

My right ear (I don't hear that well out of my left) will be numb by noon.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Did he hit you up for a donation to the Huntsman? I still get requests for donations...

4. Moderator1

Cliff Lee is really good.
    No, that's not a crossthread. The Big 12 had a function tonight at the ballyard. First time I'd been to that stadium, seems like a nice joint.
    I left on the early bus so I could come back and do a little bit of work. Tomorrow it's off to LA.

5. Moderator1

No walks, 13 strikeouts through nine. They're going extras and I can't get the game at my hotel.

6. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

I'll be at the Pac-10 confab Thursday morning at the Rose Bowl.

My boss and I will be the ones passing out the media kits on the Rose Bowl's renovation. Come on over, say 'Hi," and pick up a media kit and card.

7. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

How about a juco media day? No? Anyone? No?

Friday afternoon in Wichita. (Slinks away)

8. Moderator1

I will, looking forward to it.

TWO hours from LAX to my hotel in Pasadena. I was a bit frazzled but I took a walk about the area and had a great meal in a small Italian joint. So I'm geared and ready to go. I red-eye home tomorrow and then head to Chicago on Sunday.

Draft saved Draft deleted