1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Media Day thread (Doesnt matter which conference, come on in...)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Jul 20, 2010.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

With all the ones going on this week -- including the Moddy Media Day tour -- there's bound to be a running thread or two... why not make it one.

Besides, I need to vent...

Dear oblivious fucktard in the red shirt at SWAC media day,
    I know Stump Mitchell was a former NFL player and he's now coaching at Southern. And am sure you want to do an in-depth story that your boss wants and your readers could give two shits about from your pimply four-eyed ass.
    But look behind you once in a while and see that while you've got a captive interview with Mitchell about his playing days in the NFL, the rest of us are stacked up like cordwood waiting to talk to him about, you know, his current job.
    Your 20-minute monopolization of his time pissed everyone else off; but am sure you have the makings of an Piddlefuck Sportswriters Association honorable mention for bi-weekly feature.
    Dicknut.

As for the other Media Day in town, I would love to get over there to see the lovefest at the Gallerama in Hooville... Satan speaks tomorrow...

2. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

So you're not a member of the PSA?

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Not since the all-area meeting where Cameroon bartered a kid's spot on the team for a date with the player's sister.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Biggest media day pet peeve, slap. These are not one-on-one sessions. Even at the smaller FCS media days. You cannot be expected to have a coach to yourself, especially when he's sitting at a table. And do not get pissed off if I come in and "interrupt" your session the coach. It's a media day. Not a series of 20-minute one-on-one interviews.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I agree, although it was small enough that you could get 1-on-1's for at least a short time. This assfuck used 20 minutes and I wasn't about to barge in. There were TV people in front of me waiting and I didnt want to step in front of them. I'd have shot them if they did that to me.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Bianchi kicks off his SEC Media Days coverage in fine fashion. Even better are the reader comments, including "FU YOU!" Just stellar.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_bianchi/2010/07/forget-southern-cal-alabama-is-ncaas-most-consistent-cheater.html

7. Sir Sid

Sir Sid Member

I think my favorite reply is "Mike- I really hope while you are up in Alabama someone drags you behind the building and beats your ass, Alabama style!"

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

HAHA. Yeah. I bet she's purdy.

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Our media day was canceled this year. I'm totally fine with it.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

The folks at SEC media days are pissed... the interwebs in the Winfrey are down and unless you have an aircard, you aren't on.
    Moddy's so pissed, all his hair fell out. I did get to enjoy a Dr Pepper with him before other work called me elsewhere.

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Net working now but slower than I am - you'd think they might know a big event was coming.
    I'll say this (channeling Frank Beamer's favorite lead-in): This is a much different scene than all the ACC media days I covered. I came into the lobby this a.m. and did a HOLY SHIT. The horde following Saban is a sight to see.

It was good to see Slappy and several others.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yes, the Alabama fans were out in full force in the lobby looking for autographs -- thought one had snuck by the guards.

Instead it was the ME of a sub-10k daily 48 miles from the Galleria sporting his Bama visor and his Bama shirt.

Draft saved Draft deleted