1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running MCU thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Scout, Dec 11, 2020.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Their point was that the overall storyline could have been better. I may not agree with all of it, but Secret Invasion was wasted.

2. outofplace

The first episode of Loki Season 2 posted last week. I thought it was a strong start. This one seems like it is going to tie directly into the larger storyline, but it still has solid characters of its own. The Easter Eggs are fun, including the post-credits scene. It is one only fans of the comics would get.

You have to pay attention to the town where Sylvie finds herself. It is Broxton, Oklahoma. In the comics, Asgard relocated to Earth, hovering just over Broxton. Eventually, it did not go well.

spikechiquet likes this.
  3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Could be worse.

It’s not Timely, Wis.

4. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

The two best end-credit scenes in a long time.

Good movie, too.

sgreenwell likes this.
  5. outofplace

Marvels has been out a week and just one comment. That can't be good.

I am looking forward to Season 2 of What If? I know the first one wasn't universally loved, but I enjoyed it and this looks like fun. Disney+ is doing something different with it, releasing a new episode every day starting Dec. 22. That was a pleasant surprise, especially because I hadn't realized it was coming out so soon.

6. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

It’s a good movie with great end credits. Go see it.

sgreenwell likes this.
  7. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Yeah - I saw The Marvels last week. Perfectly enjoyable flick! It feels VERY stitched together, like even more so than a normal Marvel movie, but Iman Vellani is doing her best to be the new Tom Holland.

8. outofplace

I saw The Marvels with my wife and daughter tonight. Neither thought it was good. I thought it was entertaining, but the tone was all over the place.

Edit: I gave it some more thought and watched a few video reactions. It just feels like parts of the overall story are rushed or left out. The whole Annihilator thing is mostly told rather than shown. The water planet stuff was really rushed.

Also, much of what Nick Fury does makes no sense. His characterization is way off from what we last saw in Secret Invasion, too.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2023
    sgreenwell likes this.
  9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Seeing Disney is going forward with a Toy Story 5 - they must really need the cash. At this point you wonder if they could just AI the thing from scenes that didn't make the final cut over the years and cobble together a story.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I do think we'll see fewer MCU theater extravaganzas - one the current group of "actives" just aren't generating the fan interest that a potential "Avengers-like" event film could capitalize on. Still a lot of meat on the bone with the TV shows and other media avenues though. I always figured that when the comic book movie balloon burst, it would make a lot of noise because those movies take a lot of time and a lot of money to get to the screen. You can't just "flip" to some other genre. Hell, its Marvel - what else they got? Marvel presents "Lewis and Clark? or "MLK?"

11. outofplace

The stated plan seems to be to slow down on shows and movies because they realize they were stretching things too thin. That said, I think they are also counting on the X-Men and Fantastic Four to save them.

12. outofplace

This is off the current topic, but I hadn't seen this before. This is an unfinished deleted scene from Thor: Raganarok. I like it better than the more peaceful ending for Odin we got.

Draft saved Draft deleted