1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running MCU thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Scout, Dec 11, 2020.

1. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

100 percent. Even when Magneto was at his worst, Xavier thought there was a good man inside and could be redeemed. And Magneto always saw Xavier as misguided and naïve in his understanding of humanity. But there was always a degree of affection.

Batman likes this.
  2. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

This is where it benefits me having a wife who is almost as into all the MCU as I am lol.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    Batman likes this.
  3. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

No Way Home

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

For those who haven't seen it yet, No Way Home is the title of the next Spider-Man movie.

This after some social media posts by the cast teasing three other possible titles. My daughter showed me some of them.

Spider-Man: Home Slice
    Spider-Man: Phone Home
    Spider-Man: Home-Wrecker

‘Spider-Man’ Stars Tease First Images Of Upcoming Film – Deadline

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

The Nat Geo part of the streaming service is pretty good. I've seen a couple of Jeff Goldblum's docu-things and they're entertaining. Kristen Bell has a series on hiatus but sure to be back called Encore. It's reality series that reunites the casts of high school plays. The offstage drama is the weakest part. Seeing how people relate to their roles then and now and whether they decided to move forward into show business afterward is worth the watch. They're also streaming a lot of animated shorts and themed clip shows that are good if she's into animation. I hope they eventually run more of Studio Ghibli's movies since they own the rights to nearly all of them in the U.S.

6. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Ah! Ah! They did the thing! [If you know the scene from Family Guy, you'll get this...might be too deep a cut for some. haha]
    [​IMG]

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Curious if they have the two witches team up or if this is a battle of five armies kind of thing.

8. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

We learned a lot, but so many things are left unanswered.

And I love the direction they are taking with Vision, Wanda, Agatha...

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Hideously boring episode. We learned a lot, but what a slog.

10. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I really liked it. A lot, especially the end. I think there are questions to be answered but it seems to be coming together quite well, especially in the greater place in the MCU.

I mentioned last week my wife caught up in one sitting. She has watched some MCU stuff with me and liked it and been interested but hasn't watched everything or tied much together. So after watching the last episode last night we watched Age of Ultron right away at my recommendation. She had not seen it before.

If you haven't done this for a while I suggest it. It is obviously a huge foundation for this whole series but I actually think it answers some questions, even some interesting elements from the last episode. It may not be perfect how everything is woven together, but I am really impressed how well they do it. For a movie like Age of Ultron did they have something like WandaVision in mind and then make it happen or did they figure out the series after every thing else came together in the MCU to this point. The creativity really does blow my mind.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I wouldn't go quite that far, but it wasn't a great episode. I like the series overall, but there have been a few clunkers. I'm hoping there is at least one more big twist as well as an interesting cameo or two.

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

It was just kind of all exposition and left it feeling very flat. It didn’t pack the emotional punch I think they were going for.

“Wanda you were trapped here for 2 days. What trauma.”

“Wanda, your parents died. Your brother died. Your husband died. What trauma.”

“Wanda, you saw Vision get dismantled. What trauma.”

“Wanda, you suffered trauma. Now you are SCARLET WITCH.”

It was like they kept telling us how she was feeling rather than showing it. It was by far the worst episode of the series, IMO.

Draft saved Draft deleted