1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Madden NFL 10 franchise thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RecentAZgrad, Oct 14, 2009.

1. RecentAZgrad

RecentAZgrad Active Member

Figured we should probably stop mucking up the other thread, eh?

So how's the draft going to work? Do you have to hit a button, Storm?

2. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

And the get help link at the bottom of the page just takes me to the top of the page. Fucking morons.

3. Ok, so how does this draft thing work? I'm confused.

4. JakeandElwood

It works poorly. That's all I got.

5. JakeandElwood

Seriously, Persia, I'm very confused by it. You can go to this link: http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/madden/franchise/individualFranchise?prefs=fId%3D159671# to get into the draft window, but there's no way to sort the players by overall rating, so it's a really shitty way to draft.

6. Tried the link, but it keeps telling me I don't have an account at eaports.com when I do. Frustrating.

7. RecentAZgrad

Ah, you have to link your Windows Live ID to it to make it work. It should be the same Windows Live ID that's linked to your Xbox account.

8. JakeandElwood

Just close out of the popup window and sign up for one.

9. JakeandElwood

I might just try to do this with the XBox and computer at the same time. Put them together and it's a decent interface. But I'm off to bed now (stupid golfer doing shit at 8 a.m.) hopefully EA has magically made this better by morning.

10. RecentAZgrad

Haha, you could give EA 5 years and it'd still be the same. I'm off to bed too, but will check in tomorrow -- probably later on, though. We're launching the new site tomorrow, and by "we" I mean "me and me alone."

11. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

I can unpause the draft at any time. Should I wait until we're all online together so we can actually pick our guys or just let it run?

12. JakeandElwood

Isn't there a way to set a time limit for each person? I think I read something about that. Definitely don't just let it run though.

Draft saved Draft deleted