1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running LCS thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spnited, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Pretty sure he hit another one later in the series at the Kingdome. I should know since I was at all three games in Seattle, but I can't remember after blocking most of that series out of my memory.

2. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Coulda left Francis in to do this!

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

It actually doesn't bother me Doc. Mariners fans can revel in the banner they got to hang by winning an LDS, while us Yankees fans would go on to enjoy a lot of World Series glory.

It did make for a miserable few weeks at high school, though.

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

TBS has Steve Stone and Ron Darling doing less-than-nothing, yet they inflict Gwynn, Caray and Brenley on the public.

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

The Rockies bullpen scares me. At least they escaped that jam.

7. healingman

healingman Guest

So I'm not watching LCS ... but if they are not using Steve Stone in the booth at all ... that's a damn shame!! Hell, bring back Harry from the dead and pair them back together in the booth. Sorry for the rant ...

Play Ball!!

8. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Jeremy Affeldt? Are you kidding me? How far can this team go relying on guys like this?

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

According to my Bible, Mattingly had a home run and six RBIs in five postseason games, all against Seattle in 1995. He hit his shot, a solo drive, in Game 2 off Andy Benes, one of four home runs by the Yankees in a 7-5 win -- New York's final victory of the series.

I won $10 on a bet with my dad. I told him, a life-long Yankees fan, that Seattle would advance to the ALCS. I remember jumping on my bed after winning what felt like a million dollars.

10. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

They could. Of course, everyone sitting on the right field side of Coors Field would have the sun in their eyes for the first four innings of a game they paid good money to watch. But we would hate to disrupt the TV schedule for those of you 2,000 miles away. And of course most of the series does start at 8 p.m. EDT.

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

My bad. You are right. I do know Mattingly had a good series in his lone playoff appearance. Of course, if he hadn't retired the Yankees probably wouldn't have gone on their run.

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I was just talking to my brother about the same thing. They have Matt Herges, Jeremy Affeldt, Ramon Ortiz among others in their pen. I think they have LaTroy Hawkins also.
    It is like a strange group of American League castoffs.
    Does anyone know if Jorge Julio made the NLCS roster?

Draft saved Draft deleted