1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running LCS thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spnited, Oct 11, 2007.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

I understand your explanation, buck. I just don't see why I need another contrived stat to tell me that a team that won 90 games and was outscored for the season had to have won a boatload of one- and two-run games.

2. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I would love for Colorado to come through and go to the World Series. I just can't bring myself to root for the Red Sox in any shape or form so on with the Indians!

3. JoelHammond

JoelHammond Member

I'm not so sure, as spnited says, the Red Sox are a better team than the Indians.

I don't need an explanation, though, since I'm sure Buck and McCarver will point it out many times in the next week.

And Doc, what's with the "F the Indians?" Was there too much Indians banter on your baseball threads this year?

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I like the Indians a little better in Game 2 with Fausto Carmona vs. Curt Schilling, but the Red Sox pretty clearly have the overall edge in talent.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

That was a special shoutout to TSP. Also, I can't stomach the thought of idiotsnetwork coming on here and bragging if the Indians win.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Webb looks sharp tonight.

And mark it down: Frank TV makes its first appearance at 8:43 p.m.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Holliday made a nice, diving play in left.

8. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

[blue]Frank TV? Never heard of it.

9. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Webb in a lot of trouble. Wonder if the Rockies have seen him too much. They're too comfortable.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Possibly that, Buck. Also could be command issues, too. Webb tends to have clunkers like that, when he really can't locate his pitches.

11. jagtrader

jagtrader Active Member

Two games in this series start at 10 p.m. EST. Nice job, MLB.

12. jagtrader

jagtrader Active Member

Better not root for the Red Sox then.

Draft saved Draft deleted