1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running I GOT SCREWED in fantasy football thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Dec 18, 2006.

1. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

I'll do what I can. Promises, though, will have to wait until the injury report comes out.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

No need to wait until next week.
    Yes, BYH is the all-time LOOSER!

3. Highway 101

Highway 101 Active Member

I need in next year's NIAFL for a good laugh or two.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

What foes NIA stand for? Oh yeah, "No Idiots Allowed."

So why is BYH even allowed in the league?

6. pallister

pallister Guest

No one who starts Joey Harrington deserves to win a playoff game.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yes. But I am in the mood for self-mutiliation, so here goes.

I blew most of my budget on LT2 (good move). However, the only starting QB I acquired in the draft was Kurt Warner (bad move). Matt Leinart went for like $22, so forget getting the backup. During the endgame portion of the draft, both Rex Grossman and Chad Pennington were available. Would YOU take them? So I took Brian Griese and Anthony Wright (this was in mid-August, when I still thought Palmer would miss some time).

I then blew most of my free agent $$$ on QBs...from Romo to Campbell (when both were still on the bench) to Huard to Harrington. Warner sucked so quick that I got rid of both Romo and Campbell before they got their starting gigs. Hey, you're trying to win this year. It was a risk.

Harrington was OK every week until this week. Not great, but enough pts to complement my LT2-Bears D-Chad Johnson troika. I believe you can win without a stud QB...just someone who is steady enough to complement you at RB and WR.

After this week, I no longer think that. And Joey Harrington is now the world's longest four-letter word. If I ever see him, I may kick him in the junk.

Meanwhile, Grossman and Pennington each threw for about 3,000 yards this week. Sigh.

Oh and the guy who beat me? He's the one who ended up with Romo.

Man I suck something fierce.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Shut up.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I hate to say it because it happened to BYH (who will tell me to shut up upon reading this) but it's true.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Dear Oz:

Don't open your wedding gift in a crowded room.

Sincerely,
    BYH

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Dear BYH:

I know who it's from. I'm sending it back.

Sincerely,
    Joey Harrington

12. DyePack

DyePack New Member

The year that Manning broke the TD record, he was my No. 1 QB. Board favorite Jeff Garcia started out at No. 2.

When that went bad, I was relegated to picking up whatever was on the scrap pile. I think I even played Shaun King one week.

Draft saved Draft deleted