1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Grey Cup thread.....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Sorry Flash,

Never could stand any of their sports team. Also lived there for a couple of years growing up and hated it, two of the worst years of my life. I do hold the door open for exceptions like yourself, but the city in general, I have no use for. The best thing about it is it's proximity to the mountains.

But I will say congratulations Stampeders on a great game and the Grey Cup, especially Burris, a man I said who would never lead his team to a championship because of his tendency to throw crippling interceptions at the worst time. Didn't happen today. You proved me wrong.

But it will be the Eskimos ruining it for the Stamps this next year when Calgary hosts :)

2. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Dammit, this game was supposed to be a "nite" game.
    Vs network sez it started at 4:30
    So, I missed it.
    Who beat? What happened?

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

Big Fat Sea? LOL

Theory of a Deadman is going on tour with Motley Crue and Hinder. Their current single is a ballad called "All Or Nothing" that's getting heavy play on our Adult Contemporary-oriented stations here in the hinterland.

4. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Stamps won 22-14. It was a good game, certainly not a classic, but a defensive battle. Stamps kicked 5 field goals, had trouble punching it in, but Alouettes couldn't finish either.

5. Flash

Flash Guest

Calvillo threw two critical interceptions.

6. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Thanks for the info.

7. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Theory of a Deadman = Nickleback = fail. Despite this I thought they were entertaining.

I give the Grey Cup credit for at least getting a band of the day instead of some retread, stll prefer the weiner dog races at halftime the most.

I am assuming the chick singing at the half was a PQ pop star nobody has heard of outside Quebec.

Friends in montreal are waiting for the rioting to start to get some new Pumas.

8. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I actually like Nickelback quite a bit, just not a huge Theory fan, although their halftime performance was pretty solid. I am actually surprised Nickelback hasn't been booked for a halftime yet, maybe Calgary considering Kroeger is from Alberta.

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Fuck halftime. Unless they're gonna have Lightfoot, KD Lang, Bruce Cockburn, Rush & Guess Who, who cares? :)

Good on Burris. Played a great game. Threw critical passes, ran for firsts when the Stamps needed it.

And good on Chris Jones (no, not ours, even though he is God) the Stamps defensive co-ordinator who took them from last on defense to first this year.

As Beef pointed out, not a classic but a good game,

Hey, Beef, you got over your hate for my schoolmate Jake Ireland? :)

And like I said, next year, my Ticats will be there.

Oskeeweewee, baby.

[​IMG]

10. Flash

Flash Guest

I'm the other way around ... Theory > Nickelback.

11. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Dieter Brock ain't walking thru that door :)
    Rocky DiPietro ain't walking thru that door.

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

Anybody > Nickelback

Draft saved Draft deleted