1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

(Running) Ghost Hunters - Live Halloween show

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by NDub, Nov 1, 2006.

1. NDub

NDub Guest

Anyone checking this out on SciFi? Or am I the only nerd staying up as late as possible to check it out?

It's been on since 11 and going til 5 a.m.

Some decent stuff so far. The craziest was when Jason and Grant were in the tunnel-like area and heard what sounded like a woman say "Hello?" twice and then some other talking and then what sounded like laughter.

Some other little things like EMF readings and stuff, too, with the others.

Thoughts.....

2. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

I'm watching it now.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I watched the first 30 minutes -- my wife is a Ghost Hunters nut. I lost interest because nothing was happening. She's DVR'ing it, though, so I imagine I can hit the highlights.

She did seem pretty unamused when I told her I thought it would be cool if they found a dude in a bear suit giving another dude head. (For the unintiated, they're in The Shining hotel)

4. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

They're in my house? :D

5. NDub

NDub Guest

Yea it's pretty slow. But that's why they do these 6-hour investigations, 6-8-hour analysis and then edit it all into an hour-long program. There's bound to be a shit-ton of down time. I don't know why I'm staying up so late.

The supernatural has always intrigued me even though I've never actually seen a ghost or had any sort of experience like something falling off a table or whatever. I get feelings sometimes but it's probably just my imagination. Some buddies and I are heading for a night at Waverly Hills next spring when it warms up. That should be great.

Does anyone find CM Punk kind of stupid?

6. Colton

Colton Active Member

You guys are right, it was slow, but I was at the office from midnight till 6 a.m. all by my lonesome and I had this on all night and it was a nice distraction. I've always had an interest in the paranormal, too.

7. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

CM Punk is a pro wrestler for WWE's ECW. He's awesome in that persona, but here he's just cross promoting for Sci-Fi since ECW programming is also on the channel. Cut him a little slack.

8. NDub

NDub Guest

I know it was a promotion. I know Universal has USA, which has WWE, which owns ECW. Just didn't find him that funny.

I was reading the TAPS message board and their thread on the live event was 99 pages long! Handfuls of posters were complaining about losing their SciFi channel for over an hour. Did anyone have this problem? I have Dish and didn't see anything. But I feel asleep about 3:30; I couldn't last til 5 a.m.

Apparently the findings will be revealed on Nov. 8.

Draft saved Draft deleted