1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Fantasy Football thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PhilaYank36, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Eagleboy

Eagleboy Guest

But doesn't that just seem like a waste of a roster spot?

Perhaps it's because I play so, so conservatively (and don't win very often). But I'd rather have, say, Eric Moulds on the roster than Michael Turner.

2. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Why? Eric Moulds would be what, your fourth or fifth WR? He would rarely, if ever, crack your starting lineup, and you could go to the free agent pool and find a dozen more WRs just like him. But if LT gets hurt, you ain't gonna find another LT, unless you have Michael Turner "wasting a spot" on your bench.

3. Eagleboy

Eagleboy Guest

That's why I asked for the help. Didn't understand the practice, but now it makes some sense. That's all.

4. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Glad to help. Like I said before, you don't do it for just anybody, but if you have a superstar RB or one who is injury-prone, you have to. Go to the free agent pool in any league and look at the RBs. There's nothing there.

And to Snuka's list I would add Shaun Alexander/Maurice Morris as another popular handcuff.

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I think I might take Lynch and Peterson with my next two picks.

6. EB, you simply can't afford to play conservatively in fantasy football. With injuries occurring at the rate in which they do, you need to be aggressive. Trading 2-for-1 is a good first step. Having plenty of RBs to trade later is also very important.

Good luck buddy

7. That's a risk, Angola. Is Ahman Green still on the board?

8. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

I disagree, 'gola. I like Lynch and Peterson. Particularly Lynch.

9. Eagleboy

Eagleboy Guest

Lynch put up some crappy, crappy numbers in the preseason. It's the preseason, sure, but I've heard he was just downright terrible outside of statistics. I might be careful there.

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Green was gone.

Now I have: Tomlinson, Brady, Chad Johnson, Lynch and Peterson.

11. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Looking better all the time. I think you dodged a bullet with the RBs. Didn't think there would be two guys of that quality still on the board when it got back to you. How many teams?

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I'm thinking of going defense and WR on my next pick.

Draft saved Draft deleted