1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running "Entourage" thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Andy _ Kent, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

They probably picked one that no big studio owned the rights. Granted that was several years ago before the success of Iron Man/Wolverine made just about every comic character into a likely movie.

If I remember the story correctly, Grenier was actually offered the Aquaman part and he turned it down because it would be too strange. I'm guessing almost all of the guys on that show deal with a lot of people who don't seem to get that it's just a show.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm still not buying it. Grenier would make even less sense in that role than Vince did on the show.

3. Mizzougrad96

We're talking about the same Hollywood that does almost nothing other than sequels and re-makes.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Which is relatively clever when you consider the success of many of these sequels and remakes. Grenier doesn't have the star power, acting skills or look for the role. Other than that, he's perfect.

5. Mizzougrad96

Grenier is awful. He is going to have a really hard time finding work after Entourage is over.

I'm trying to think of things I've seen him in other than Entourage. Some movie with the lovely Melissa Joan Hart and a very nothing part in The Devil Wears Prada.

6. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Seth Rogan not a fan of that episode.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/thedishrag/2009/07/war-of-words-seth-rogan-calls-entourage-creator-doug-ellin-a-moron.html

7. shockey

shockey Active Member

cool. 8) 8) 8)

8. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Yet another celeb who takes himself way too seriously.

9. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Rogen... who now looks like a South Park figure... purely a head on a stick.

Much more believable Heigl would have fucked him two years ago than now with his emaciated-yet-with-massive-skull look going.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'd still do him.

11. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

You can have bobblehead, Tarzan still likes Jane

12. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

You know, I'm kind of hoping it's revealed that Vince has a drug problem. I'd love to see Grenier try to sell that type of plot device and think it would be interesting to see Vince's personal life crashing down around him even as his professional life explodes.

That said, I just watched the first two episodes of this season and my emotions are mixed. I love the Turtle-JLS storyline, love seeing E's "career" balloon and love the dynamic between Ari and Llyod, but the whole angle with Ari's friend screwing some girl and everything about the Sloan-Eric relationship is lame.

Draft saved Draft deleted