1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Election '06 Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flying Headbutt, Nov 7, 2006.

1. It wouldn't have been the first time it happened in such a circumstance.

Like I said, nobody's perfect. Heck, you might even be a good person, despite what I think.

2. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

From the Hotline Blog

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Ouch stop it Lyman you're hurting me.

Come over to our side. We'll welcome you with open arms.

4. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

SNL has to open with Baldwin reprising his Glengarry Glen Ross character.

They have so many options.

5. Nah, thanks for the kind offer. When the wheel turns back someday, I want to be in the right spot, no pun intended.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

C'mon Lyman. We'll welcome you like the nerds welcomed Ogre at the end of Revenge of the Nerds 2.

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

AP just called the race for Webb.

WASHINGTON (AP) _ Democrats wrested control of the Senate from Republicans Wednesday with an upset victory in Virginia, giving the party complete domination of Capitol Hill for the first time since 1994. Jim Webb's squeaker win over incumbent Sen. George Allen gave Democrats their 51st seat in the Senate, an astonishing turnabout at the hands of voters unhappy with Republican scandal and unabated violence in Iraq. Allen was the sixth Republican incumbent senator defeated in Tuesday's elections.

8. I'm pretty sure Webb just got in the race figuring it would help him sell some more novels. Now he's a U.S. Senator for the next six years.

9. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

The thing is.... how often will Webb vote with the Dems?

40 percent of the time?

10. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Hey, if they can't win Virginia or Montana, then concede. Just sit back and see what happens. Let the next two years play out like normal.

Although, if Michigan's economy isn't any better by the end of next year, smart money is someone tries to start a "Recall Granholm" movement.

11. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

He has an elephant by his name? Wow. Forget everything I said before. Bush is God.

Draft saved Draft deleted