1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running college bowls thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Oz, Dec 19, 2006.

1. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

How in the fuck can you be a starter for nearly 4 years and fuck up in the classroom before ending your career in a bowl game? That is, IMO, the stupidest shit you can ever do as a senior.

If classes are that hard for you as a senior, take basketweaving. Chan Gailey must be stringing up a rope to hang himself from his shower rod.

2. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

NCAA rules state that seniors you have to pass only six freakin' credit hours -- that's two classes at most schools -- to be eligible for a bowl, so it's almost like you have to try to be ineligible.

3. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

dumbest on the list of reggie ball fuckups? not quite sure if that would be it...

how about his sophomore year against georgia when on fourth down really late in the fourth quarter he decided he'd just throw the ball out of bounds... that was pretty stupid too

damn, i'm going to miss that kid. four more years!

calvin johnson's got to be happier than anyone. no way the guy behind ball can suck that much. with a mediocre quarterback (and no bulldogs on the schedule) johnson would have won the heisman pretty easily. no such luck.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Well, I doubt that. If Larry Fitzgerald couldn't win the Heisman with the season he had in 2003 (1,672 yards, 12 TDs) ...

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Having watched Ball play in his last two games I'm not so sure Chan is stringing himself up.

Hell, he may have called the professors and begged them to flunk the kid.

6. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

If Gailey has any sense at all, he's jumping for joy. Then again, he is the man who hitched his wagon to Ball (shame, by the way, that he's not playing at Arkansas) when Reggie was a true freshman. You could make the argument that he was a better quarterback then than he is now.

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

This is really quite ridiculous. Anybody trying to spin a team losing its chosen starting QB before the bowl game into a positive for the team ... well, that's ludicrous. Ten-point swing in WVU's direction.

8. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Shot, the guy's been a head case his entire time in college, and he's been the biggest difference maker in Tech's last three games against UGA. Gailey has been weighing whether to start backup Taylor Bennett anyway. The offense will definitely be better off with out Ball, because his inconsistency negates his upside. Not that it will matter against WVU. The Gator Bowl will be a rout of Clemson-esque proportion. The 'Eers will run up the middle and Tech will be gasping to catch up.

9. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

spoken like a man who hasn't watched georgia tech this season

10. Bubba Fett

Bubba Fett Active Member

Indeed. Ball has been awful in nearly every big game he's played in his career and I can't imagine his teammates had much confidence in him.

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

The helmets!

Oh, my god, the helmets!!

12. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

They're obnoxious, but the knees and shoulders are more annoying to me. I don't know if that's just tv or what, but it looks like they've got four pac-man power pellets below the iridescent helmets.

Draft saved Draft deleted