1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Christmas Travel Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Angola!, Dec 11, 2007.

1. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

I hear Vladivostok is nice this time of year.

2. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Staying right damn here, and I'm OK with that.

Unless I actually follow through on my threat to move to Australia, it'll probably be my first and last 80-degree Christmas.

3. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

The only travel I plan to do over the Christmas holiday is between my bed, the frig, grill and recliner (and maybe the golf course). It's gonna be great.

4. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

'Gola, that trip back sounds like a disaster in the making. I'll be interested to see if you make it back in one piece. :)

Headed to Kansas City extremely early on the morning of the 23rd, and headed back to ATL equally early on the morning of the 30th. Thankfully, I took NYE off too, One week is about as much time as I can stand with family at this time of year nowadays.

5. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Ahhh, that was fun.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Just came back from a visit to Kentucky (nine days). I work for 10 of the next 11, then am off Christmas week. The bf and I are taking a three-day jaunt the 24-26, and otherwise, I'm parked on my couch.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'm driving to New York on Dec. 23 (Festivus) and back on Christmas. It should be a good 12 hours in the car.

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I leave in 7 hours for Maryland. Gawd do I hate cross-country travel. It sucks donkey balls.

9. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

I get to drive 4 1/2 hours to spend a week with my sister and my mom, who have, um, issues with each other. Good times!

Though, I believe I caused the problems last year.

10. TrooperBari

Tell me about it. :)

Safe travels, sc.

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Cross-ocean travel is worse. I'll admit it, but I'm not gonna get to sleep tonight, so I get to whine!

12. TrooperBari

And I won't stop you ... because I'm signing off.

Have fun, kids! :D

Draft saved Draft deleted