1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running CFB National Signing Day Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by KevinmH9, Feb 4, 2009.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Boy, I'm hoping Lane Kiffin tells Mike Slive what he can do with a public reprimand.

What is that, anyway? Does Lane do 10 minutes in the dunking booth at the Alabama State Fair?

2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's all crazy.

Fans love it when someone changes his mind and signs with their school. They want laws passed banning it when a kid goes the other way.

They were saying how big a deal it would be to get this kid. Today, it's all about how they don't need guys like him on the team.

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

This guy, on the other hand, thinks a public reprimand sounds pretty fucking good.

[​IMG]

4. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

People in Knoxville are apparently furious that Kiffin was reprimanded, because Spurrier wasn't reprimanded for making false accusations that Kiffin recruited kids before taking his NCAA test.

This conference is such a silly soap opera sometimes.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I can't speak to the accuracy of all those lists because I don't pay attention in that kind of detail. But if Marcus Vick was top 10 in whatever year that was, well, it was a pretty weak year.
    He got ranked because of his name. Period. No other reason. Was a decent college QB? Yes. One of the 10 best players in the country that year? No way.

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

All of those rankings are just utter garbage.

7. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

The rankings can hold water, to some degree, in as much as listing talented players.
    But specific rankings, when you get down past No. 5 at each position on the lists, are indeed speculative and garbage-like.
    Same goes for polls throughout the regular season in the various collegiate sports.
    Teams below 4 or 5 can all beat each other on any given day.
    Often it's also that way for teams rated 1, 2 & 3

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

No, this conference is full of itself and has a corps of syncophant writers who suck up to all the powers that be and proclaim it to be the greatest conference in the history of the freaking universe. (And I'm not referring to you, hammer).
    And outside of the conference, nobody gives a flying fuck what the head ball breaker, er, coach , has to say or what stupid little pissing contest Lane Kiffin wants to get into with Urban Meyer or anyone else.

The real problem is the douchebag fans in all of these podunk fucking Southern towns need to get a fucking life that does not revolve around college football.

9. dailygrind

dailygrind Member

I kind of like Signing Day.

10. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

That's because it is. Get with the program spnited. ;D

11. Ample evidence to the contrary has been presented on this thread.

12. Charlie Brown

Charlie Brown Member

It's funny to see someone with more than 22,000 posts on a message board telling other people to get a life.

Draft saved Draft deleted