1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running bowl thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mystery Meat II, Dec 3, 2009.

1. highlander

highlander Member

Under that scenario, TCU would probably play in the National Championship game.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Funny thing about the Arizona-USC game, winner goes to the Holiday Bowl. I have a feeling though if USC loses they'd go to the Sun, Cal would end up in the Poinsettia. Seems like Arizona to the Sun would be a natural though, but I'm not hearing much about that. I'm wondering if UCLA will end up somewhere.

3. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Or Atlanta is basically 2 hours away, no? That would be my thing.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  4. DanOregon

When I was a kid, I always vowed that if I ever had a chance to go to a bowl game I would, this was when there were maybe 10 bowls total. So finally, the Bay Area got a bowl and I was home visiting family. Even better, the Emerald Bowl was being played in the afternoon and another bowl, the Silicon Valley Bowl (RIP) was being played that night in San Jose. Hit them both. It was pretty cool, didn't have a rooting interest in any of the teams involved but it was fun hanging with fans from Navy, New Mexico, Northern Illinois and Troy.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Wow, DO, you really aimed high.

;)

6. DanOregon

That was also the LAST annual Silicon Valley football classic.

7. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

You killed it.

Are you happy now?

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I know I am.

9. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

The reason Florida lost the Sugar Bowl is they were disappointed to be there [\pre-emptive strike against ridiculous SEC fan boy excuses for why one of their teams lose a bowl game]

10. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Florida's not losing the Sugar Bowl. For all the shit Tebow gets, he's not tanking that game, and his teammates will follow suit. The Gators won't mail it in like the Tide did last year.

11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Utah is the "infidel" university in the state, with a much smaller LDS influence because it's in an urban area and the liberal-arts school.

12. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Tebow shouldn't tank the game since it will be the last time he is a starting QB.

Draft saved Draft deleted