1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running BCS championship game thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Johnny Dangerously, Jan 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Re: Official, soon-to-be-running BCS championship game thread

*acknowledges with nod*

2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

This will be the official, soon-to-be-removed BCS championship game thread if it turns into nothing more than spinning broken records.

3. Bubba Fett

Bubba Fett Active Member

Florida wins by four. Why? I have no idea.

4. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Why not? After all, they eked out wins against stellar opponents like South Carolina.

Of course they'd beat the No. 1 team by four.

5. Breakyoself

Breakyoself Member

Dyepack, your act is getting real fucking tired.
    we get it, you don't think florida is any good. if you have nothing else to add to the thread, just go the fuck away and troll somewhere else. un-fucking-believable.
    are you this much of an ass in real life, or is it just your internet persona?

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I think USC's dismantling of Michigan should lead us to believe that Florida has more than a chance at beat Ohio State. USC made Michigan's offense look slow and suspect and from all accounts Florida's defense is even faster than USC's. Also, Michigan's "best defense in the nation" got ripped a new one.
    All in all I think Michigan's dismantling proved that the Big 10 is overrated this year, giving Florida a chance.

I hate the SEC, but I think Florida wins.

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I'm not sure that Florida is definitively faster than USC, but I think they are certainly on a par with the Trojans and arguably quicker. Is speed going to play that big a role in this game?

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Maybe not, but Florida's speed on defense could be big in taking away Troy Smith's running ability and the speedsters in Ohio State's wide receiving group. USC caused Michigan all kinds of problems running the ball with its speed on defense, so that is why I think it will affect the national championship.

9. Breakyoself

Breakyoself Member

both teams have pretty good speed. i think florida will have to play very mistake-free to win. if they play the whole game like they played the first quarter and a half of the SEC title game, they should have a pretty good chance. or if osu plays like they did in the second half against michigan with all the turnovers. should be a fun one to watch and see how the coach's gameplanned.

10. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Talking of gameplans, it was mentioned last week that this is easily a better coaching match-up than Tressell vs. Carr. Is Meyer a good enough in-game coach to compete with the super-sweatervest? I would say yes if he's on, but Tressell is IMO consistently the best in 1A.

11. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I love Tressell but as far as play calling, I'd have to put Carroll and Spurrier above him.

12. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

As is said, in-game coach. I think that would entail play-calling above all, with keeping the team up on the sidelines of lesser importance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.