1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Baseball Thread XIV: AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Sep 23, 2007.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Retire some fucking batters you fucking asshole.

(how's that for a spin on an old SJ favorite?)

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Is that Ankiel's first hit since it was revealed he's an HGH user? Sure seems like it.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

The proper phraseology includes only one "fucking".

Not sure if said "fucking" takes longer than eight seconds though...

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

It does if you properly enuciate it!!!

5. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

Did anyone witness Milton Bradley's meltdown today? If his explanation is even in the ballpark of the truth, he has a beef. But man, did he ever lose it once he got the heave-ho.

I had no idea Bud Black could do a knee-bending takedown like that.

This is the first time I've felt more than a twinge of sympathy for Milton Bradley. He admitted that he comes with a rep, and he spoke quite directly about the whole event.

I'd make a comment about the umps, but since it wasn't the Mets getting worked over...

6. Yawn

Yawn New Member

It is absolutely hilarious to see this slow torture the Red Sox are again putting their fans through. With Oakland and Minnesota this week, it's an inevitable choke, probably taking, ever so painfully, until Sunday. And even if they tie, who will be the reincarnation of Buck-EEEE Dent?

7. Hustle

Hustle Guest

Random thoughts on previous topics:
    First off, I'm shocked the DC government can't get something done in a timely fashion. There are more than a few clowns on the board, and the mayor's daily photo ops must not be disturbed (seven most common words in DC media: "Mayor Adrian Fenty was on the scene...")

Secondly, on the Phillies: No one need worry because they won't make the playoffs. They're going to do the same thing they always do: Be good, but not good enough. I said this in June and I'm sticking with it now.

One of my colleagues was kind enough to remind me they play the Nats in six of their final nine or ten games. Doesn't matter. The Nats will find God and, for a week, will rival the Big Red Machine in terms of overall skill.

I find having this attitude really does dull the pain. Why get your hopes up when you know, in the end, they'll only be dashed?

I was six for Philly's last major championship. Since then, I've seen a bunch of shitty teams. Seems like I've seen even more than came thisclose, which is all the more excruciating.

Why yes, bartender, I will have a Yuengling...

8. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

"And you will know my name as the Lord, as I set down my vengeance upon thee..." [/PulpFiction]

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Off the top of my head.

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequites of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity sheperds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper, and the finder of lost souls. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and FURIOUS anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

And you will know my name is the lord, when I lay my vengeance upon thee!"

10. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Nice, Zeke. I was kind of close.

11. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Two week playoff dude. You have a week to make up for it.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

You do know the Sox can lose out, finish four games back of the Yankees and still make the playoffs, right?

They've already clinched a playoff berth. They're going to play in October. They cannot choke. So please find a fresher storyline.

Draft saved Draft deleted