1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running baseball thread part VIII

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mayfly, Jul 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Let's keep those flags where they are for at least one more day, shall we?

2. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

we'll switch 'em iomorrow. must sleep.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Holy shit, we've been invaded by Cheeseheads.

4. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Don't worry. They won't have much baseball to discuss in a few weeks.

5. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

When will they have a chance to discuss much in sports in the upcoming weeks? I mean, I don't think they'll have much to discuss when the football season starts, either, except maybe the Badgers.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

I can't wait til the Mets get to Wrigley this weekend and kick some Cubs ass.

7. Hammer Pants

Are you just talking shit because you were the only SportsJournalists.commer alive when the Cubs last took the Series?

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

But just think Hammer, you'll never see it happen in your lifetime.

9. Hammer Pants

I have no reply to this. Sad but true.

10. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

Little sideshow in the M's/Angels no-brainer tonight. With the Angels up 7-0 in the bottom of the eighth, Lackey, shutout intact, whizzed one pitch just under Jose Guillen's chin and another just behind his head, in the maximum danger zone. Wound up walking him. Kerwin Danley behind the plate seemed to enjoy the show; narry a peep out of him. JJ wasn't the only putz in the ballpark.

(By contrast, Gary Matthews tore the M's pitching up, and no M's pitcher even bothered to move his feet.)

I guess there's still a teensy bit of bad blood there. Tomorrow night's rubber game, with Felix going against Weaver the Younger, might have some fun in store.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

I did miss that. I wasn't counting the win.

I won't need it, but it's a nice move on your part.

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Be still my Braves heart: Gotta love the Mets' bullpen blowing Glavine's 300th on the same day the Braves bullpen was bolstered tremendously. The addition of Tex aside, yesterday might very well go down as the turning point of the season thanks to what happened ON the field.

[/bravo fanboy]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.