1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Baseball Postseason Thread No. 2 Take 2: Wish You Were Here, Derek Jeter

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by imjustagirl, Oct 4, 2008.

1. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Usually it only lasts 8 seconds :D

2. KP

KP Active Member

Good point on Varitek going against Boras last time around.

3. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Re: Running Baseball Postseason Thread No. 2 Take 2: Wish You Were Here, Derek J

Had to laugh watching last night, when the TBS talking heads described Maddon "reviewing the Boston lineup before making a pitching change."

I know Manuel's got a middling baseball IQ, but let's see if Maddon can handle the double-switch without having a seizure before he's annointed as the newest dugout genius.

4. casty33

casty33 Active Member

Why are most of you so quick to be nasty critics of everybody? Can't you just be happy you witnessed an enjoyable series with a team of young stars knocking off an established team? Why must you be so negative? I, for one, thoroughly enjoyed the games. I picked the Red Sox to win but I'm ready to admit the Rays deserved it. And I like Joe Maddon's style.

As for the World Series, I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the Phillies' chances. After all, they do have Brad Lidge.

And I find it a nice touch that a pair of managers -- each quite unheralded -- who spent so many years in the minors and as coaches, are getting some credit? Maybe I'm just a stupid old sentamentalist, but I like that.

5. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Joe Kerrigan is already having ulcers: He's the Pirates' new pitching coach.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08294/921375-100.stm

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Also having ulcers: Pirates pitchers.

7. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Like it or not, he's got mine and several others' vote for Manager of the year.

8. KP

KP Active Member

He should have had the vote since June 1.

Draft saved Draft deleted