1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Australian Open Thread (2010 version)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Point of Order, Jan 17, 2010.

1. John

John Well-Known Member

That was the damnedest match I've ever watched. Clitjsters looked like she hadn't played in a month, and she looked like she couldn't care less. Very, very strange.

The Isner match was a lot of fun to watch. After covering him in college, I never thought he'd have this much singles success as a pro.

2. John

John Well-Known Member

A great match going on between Cilic and del Potro. Cilic up 2 sets to 1 heading into the fourth.

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Not a bad little match between Roddick and Gonzalez.

4. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

yeah, i woke up to see the last two games. Hopefully, Fed-Hewitt gets off to as late of a start so that I can see some of it on Monday before work.

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Murray-Nadal in the quarterfinals on Tuesday. Setting the alarm clock for that one.

6. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

gonna get up at 3:30 EST to watch?

7. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

That was a great match. Nice to see Cilic pull things together at the end. The Henin-Wickmayer match going on at the same time wasn't bad, either.

8. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I'm wondering if it might be the second night session game, so it'd be more like 5 a.m. I guess.

9. John

John Well-Known Member

Is Davydenko the most anonymous top 10 player ever?

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

Anonymous because maybe he just isn't that good.
    Has blown 2-set lead over Verdasco and is heading to the fifth.

11. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

And even worse, he had the match on his racquet, win two service points up 5-4 in the tiebreaker and he's through. Instead, he blows both of them horribly.

12. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

Federer reduces the number of assholes left in the men's draw. Sorry to see you go Hewitt. Hopefully Djerkovic will soon follow.

Draft saved Draft deleted