1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running athletes busted for gambling thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, May 8, 2023.

1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I believe that when it comes to players, that is the discretion of the commisioner. Other MLB employees get a year if its a baseball bet not involving their team, lifetime if it is

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

By the way, as an Angels fan can I point out just how mind-blowing it is that this is happening with a free agent who just left the Angels? Because it would be perfectly on-brand for the Angels to sign a guy for $700 million and then have this happen.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I got texts from my bank after writing checks for my property taxes and my car. Wouldn't go through unless I verified it's me.

Kinda glad that protection is there, but when it flags a $1.50 debit card purchase at Publix for some Laffy Taffy it can be a pain in the butt.

5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

We're at the "don't speak unless you are forced to" chapter of the Celebrity Crisis Handbook.

Fortunately for MLB there's a convenient patsy for Showey.

HanSenSE likes this.
  6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

What are the odds he delivers it dead-pan into the camera while sitting alone on a park bench?

7. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Ohtani presser going on now. He says he's innocent! Well that should be that, let's all move on.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

But wait there's more!

9. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

Some real Homer vibes here.

"I thought the cop was a prostitute."

10. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

Holy fuck watch MLB Network's Matt Vasgersian and Dan O'Dowd twist themselves into pretzels declaring how good a presser that was.

11. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

And an all-too-credulous national media

12. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Woj bomb

Toronto Raptors center Jontay Porter is out of the lineup and a subject of an NBA investigation into irregularities on prop betting involving him, sources tell @DavidPurdum, @ESPNWindhorst and me. Story soon.

Draft saved Draft deleted