1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Army-Navy thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Dec 12, 2009.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Why did it take until the second quarter to start one?

(Maybe some of you think the Army-Navy game is a waste of taxpayer dollars).

Anyway, boring so far but I'm watching and will continue to watch. By the way, love Navy's jersies.

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Not starting a new thread for this, but Missouri State is on the verge of losing their fifth straight D-II National Championship.

After being up 21-0 over Grand Valley State in the first quarter, they haven't done much. The Lakers have scored 20 points in the second half. The score is 23-21.

Grand Valley also beat them in 2005 and 2006, I think the two years right after Brian Kelly left Grand Valley.

It's interesting because Grand Valley and Central Michigan, Kelly's last two coaching destinations, are still quite successful without him.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Thread-jacking an Army-Navy thread is unpatriotic.

4. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

I love 'murica.....but I'm also really enjoying the DII game. Blocked PAT, returned for 2, has been hanging over this GVSU comeback.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Hondo, did you read the story in the Times about the Navy sub who's 26 years old and did two tours in Iraq as a Marine enlisted man? Really good story I think you'd like if you haven't read it.

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Navy's uniforms are butt-ugly. Their traditional blue and golds are classic.

Go Army.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Why do you need a timeout there?! Just hike the damn ball and sprint to the corner.

Football really is less alpha than it used to be.

8. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Navy's uniforms have a USMC eagle, globe and anchor. That's why the red and gold shoulder patches are there. Beautiful, I say.

Go Middies.

9. ADodgen

ADodgen Member

My favorite thing about the Mids' uniforms is the stripe down the pants. Love it. Go Navy!

10. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

I love that Navy's a damn good team, but you feel for Army. Hopefully they'll get one here soon.

And Navy's QB beat Tim Tebow's QB rushing touchdown record. America, fuck yeah!

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

So do you think Navy has much of a chance against Missouri? The Tigers are pretty strong on run defense. They're piss poor against the pass (Baylor's backup had more than 400 yards against them, for crissakes), but I'm not sure Dobbs is good enough of a passer to cause much worry. I see Mizzou as a 14-17 point winner.

12. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

It will be interesting to see how Navy's pass defense does against Missouri. Of course, the Middies did well enough against Clausen and Co. to get the win in South Bend.

I think the Texas Bowl will be a great game. But yeah, for the Middies to have a chance, Dobbs has to loosen up the defense with his arm.

Draft saved Draft deleted