1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2021-22 CFB Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, Feb 2, 2021.

1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Apropos of nothing, but I once interviewed for an assistant SID position at Southern Illinois. I met SID Fred Huff at the convention in St. Louis, he flew me to Carbondale and wined and dined me for a weekend. Our first stop was a booster party. "Watch yourself," he advised. "They're likely to throw us in the pool."

maumann likes this.
  2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Hope enough other Coloradans see Boyle the same as you.

In an era when programs want a big name, a hot name, someone with high-major experience, I thought it was a solid move to simply identify a guy who was getting it done in nearby Greeley and slide him over to Boulder. Seems to be about substance.

For a program to earn a Sweet 16 berth that has only Chauncey Billups and Spencer Dinwiddie to show for most of the last 20-plus years would be a massive boost.

MileHigh likes this.
  3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I know this is a CFB thread -- and the interest in college hoops and football in this state is limited -- but overall, yeah, Tad is very much well respected and liked. A win Monday goes a long, long way for that program.

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Colorado is NOT about college sports. Glad I'm not in Fort Collins over the next couple of days since my alma mater is facing Colorado State in the NIT (but truthfully, the eyes are on Texas as the women have a shot to make a big tournament run).

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It needs to be said - THE PAC-12 is 4-0-1 in the first round!!!!!! Suck it ACC.

[​IMG]

I Should Coco, MileHigh and TigerVols like this.
  6. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I don't think interest in Colorado basketball will increase as long as the Joker is with the Nuggets. The Nuggets will get the attention. and I don't expect many McDonals's All-Americans to show up in Boulder anytime soon.

But Boyle has a good thing going. He consistently fields competitive teams in the Pac 12, something the football team has failed to do. Given the apathy towards college hoops in Colorado and the school's lack of historical success Boyle has one of the safest coaching jobs around. This tournament run will pretty much guarantee him at least a couple more years. If Boyle goes .500 in the conference the school will be happy. After all, this is a school that gave Ricardo Patton 11 years.

7. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Doyel says Indy will call Bennett and then move on depending on his answer. Why would he leave UVa, where he won a national title, to go to Indiana which hasn't mattered in decades?

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

7539D0EF-188B-485A-8363-24E27BB1A932.jpeg

Not interchangeable.

HanSenSE likes this.
  9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Is Virginia a football school or a basketball school?
    Of course I understand it has had far more success on the court, but the people in my life who went there seem to me to be more interested in the football team.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Lacrosse

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Well put.

The FBS does not want to take a chance on a Gonzaga or a UConn Women's type of team breaking the P5 monopoly. Pretty much that simple.

Draft saved Draft deleted