1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2021-22 CFB Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, Feb 2, 2021.

1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

And the three teams he beat haven't done anything. One is 0-3, one is 1-3 with the win being a forfeit, and that powerhouse Edward Waters ended its spring schedule 1-2 with a one-point win over mighty Shorter College.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Yeah, a few weeks ago the Jackson State fans were crowing about how they need to schedule Ole Miss and Mississippi State so they can beat them. That has calmed down, although the cackling from the other corners of the SWAC has increased since JSU has fallen on its face a bit.

Still, I think this spring is going to help Jackson State a lot in the long run. They're getting a ton of national exposure, and Deion and his staff are getting a chance to iron out the kinks and see who can play and who can't from the existing roster. The latter is things they would have done during the 2021 fall season when it really matters. Now they can head into that a bit ahead of the game and start moving forward. It's basically extended spring practice for them, with the benefit of live action games.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The thread of replies is a Progressive “becoming your parents” commercial sprung to life.

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I think a lot of schools the size of BC are going to be in the same boat. I can see some accountant at Nike or adidas saying “how much are we really gaining by these deals with TCU, Pitt, Syracuse and Vanderbilt?” They have a 20 year sample size at this point, and I can’t see it being a huge financial windfall to clothe every team, revenue and non revenue, at Houston or Wake Forest.

I look forward to Pitt’s inevitable deal with British Knights or Avia.

5. dixiehack

Not being a Nike or Adidas school is perceived as a drag on recruiting. Georgia Tech fans used to complain bitterly about their deal with Russell Athletic. Even Under Armor seems to be fading fast. I think Maryland, Texas Tech and Wisconsin were the only major UA schools in March Madness.

6. dixiehack

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Worth noting that New Balance is Boston based, which explains why BC and Maine are New Balance schools:

Boston College Athletics Announces 10-Year Agreement with New Balance - Boston College Athletics

UA is fading fast. I wonder if New Balance wants to spend the money to take the third spot behind Nike and Adidas in the Division I shoe/apparel landscape.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

9. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

As UA fades out, more of the big powers are going to be trying to get that Jumpman logo.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

"Miss Terry" lol

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Speaking of "branding" - I never knew Colorado wore blue unis for a time (for some weird reason the Board of Regents wanted to remind people of the sky). And black is not an official color of the school - officially their colors are silver and gold.
    [​IMG]

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I know that people think that New Balance are "dad" shoes, but I see a LOT of younger kids and teenagers wearing New Balance shoes. I don't think they're as uncool as perception leads you to believe.

Their shoes are damn comfortable. I've sworn by them for more than a decade.

Draft saved Draft deleted