1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2020 PGA Tour thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Sep 11, 2019.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Hell, I may go just to have something to do.

2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Don't look now, but Jordan Spieth seems to have found his putting stroke while sheltering in place.

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Let's see if that can translate into the weekend. He's had some nice Thursday-Friday rounds the past couple of years only to implode on Saturday and Sunday.

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Fill in the blank: Phil's sunglasses are _________

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

..not helping.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Piercy made the cut this week

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Maybe Black Lives Matter could sponsor him, giving him his first endorsement deal since he Instagramed his bigotry.

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Today at about noon, and for about an hour until Harold Varner teed off in Fort Worth, two black guys led the PGA Tour and the Korn Ferry Tour at the same time, on the weekend. Joseph Bramlett finished one shot off the lead in the Korn Ferry event after a 64.

10. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Rooting for Varner today

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I can promise you one thing: if he wins it will be one of the funniest post-round press conferences every. The guy is an absolute hoot and a joy to be around. After Joseph Bramlett finished his round on Saturday in the Korn Ferry event, he was asked about Varner (the two are good friends):

Q: Can you speak to Harold’s positive attitude?
    A: Harold is one of the happiest people I have ever met. He is always upbeat, positive, happy. I have never seen Harold in a bad mood. He is the type of guy that—some people, you know, you’ll kind of walk by and give a nod–Harold will shout at you from the other fairway to make sure he said hello. He is a great, gregarious guy and has a great attitude.

12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

This is some really good back-and-forth stuff.

Draft saved Draft deleted