1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2020 PGA Tour thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Sep 11, 2019.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I did. I think they take off south of the south course.
    They only slight disappointment, if you can call it that, was that spectators couldn't get too close to the cliffs (understandingably).

I didn't get down to holes 11-12 ish on the south course. Perhaps you can get closer there.

Attached Files:

2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Rahm was flawless today with a 65. Always interesting to see if he can keep his shit together in the final round.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

He didn't. He'll be hell on wheels when he gets to the Champions Tour -- only 54 holes for most events.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I'm heading to Riviera. Any other SoCal SJ'ers going or have been?

What's the best day, Friday?

5. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I covered that event more than a dozen times. Thursday and Friday might be good and probably the same. The players are spread out, half on the front nine and half on the back nine. Saturday and Sunday, everything tends to bunch up as they move along the course.
    No. 6 is the farthest away from the clubhouse and the Allenford St. entrance. But it's downhill all the way. Oh yeah, on the way back, it's uphill all the way. But it's fun to visit because it has a sand trap right in the middle of the green. Looks like a big BBQ pit. If they land on the wrong side of the trap, the pros are allowed to chip, amateurs and members are not. It's a pretty easy hole.

TigerVols likes this.
  6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Golf fans have established a bit of a pattern. At the Tour events in Florida, Friday and Saturdays tend to be the busiest days and it gets a little lighter on Sundays on the theory people will watch the final round at home or their golf club grill/bar. If Tiger or Phil are in the mix, all bets are off.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

If Tiger was leading by one at the turn yesterday, does local KCBS abort the golf coverage for the rest of the day? I would assume so, but not positive.

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Absolutely. But would they have dumped out if Tiger was leading by one at the turn and it was the final round of the Masters?

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Yes, they would have then, as well. Undoubtedly.

MileHigh likes this.
  10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Agreed.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

At least 200,000 at Phoenix Open.
    Lunatics camped out since 3am.
    I've gotta see this at 16 for myself.

12. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

It’s definitely on my bucket list. As much as I enjoy seeing this hole every year, I am glad other tournaments haven’t tried to copy it.

Draft saved Draft deleted