1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2016-17 College Rings Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

It's not anything they haven't heard once or twice a year since he went back.

2. Jake_Taylor

I heard them talking about the noise reaching 90 decibels at Assembly Hall last night. That's preseason exhibition-level noise at Allen Fieldhouse.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I've been told not to rely on eyewitnesses.

Jake_Taylor likes this.
  4. dixiehack

Cincy-Iowa State by all rights should have been a fun game. But both teams act like breaking 60 points in regulation is Hercules' 13th labor.

5. Jake_Taylor

I know it's already been determined that the ACC is far and away the best conference this year, but it might be worth noting the Big 12 is now 6-1 against it and 3-1 against ACC teams ranked in the Top 10, all of those games on neutral sites or on the road.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

UCLA certainly shocked the rings world. And it's early.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

ACC has 4 HOF coaches who are beloved by ESPN so obviously they are the best conference.

8. Jake_Taylor

Of course I also have to honk for the Big 12 now because in the tournament only one team will make it out of the first weekend while the ACC's sixth place team will make the Final Four.

Donny in his element likes this.
  9. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

I actually liked that segment, but they cut the part where Jay Bilas asked, "So, which of you will be the next to vacate a few seasons of wins?"

10. dixiehack

11. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Better than the River City Rumble between North Florida and Jacksonville for the Old Wooden Barrel? Pssh.

12. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

Wasn't Richie Rich's driver named Lipscomb?

Draft saved Draft deleted