1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2015 MLB Regular-Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by doctorquant, Apr 5, 2015.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Haven't been watching as close as I should, but it seems to me the Astros and Mets are staggering into the postseason. Can't see either being around for long.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Nice job by the Red Sox to tip their caps to 15-year broadcaster Don Orsillo at the end of his final broadcast with NESN. And a nice signoff by Orsillo.
    "Orsillo rounding third and heading home."

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

4. bigpern23

And, yeah, the Jays were exceptionally stupid to indulge Buehrle's selfish quest at an utterly meaningless streak of pitching 200 innings. Turns out it wouldn't have mattered if they won, but it doesn't diminish the stupidity.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

With three outs in the first inning, the Rays had no runs; they scored their first run on an error that should have been the fourth out. Damn that Buehrle for not being able to get five outs.

6. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I'm going to be in Jersey next weekend. Anybody have an educated guess what ALDS Game 3 tickets might go for if it is at Yankee Stadium that Sunday?

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Stubhub seems to have plenty in the $40+ range.

8. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Guess I shoulda checked there. I might jump on that.

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Eh, the Giants went 13-12 in September last year.

With the Mets' power arms, they can beat anyone in a short series.

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Momentum's the next pitch.

Songbird likes this.
  11. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Anyone seen game times yet or is MLB waiting to see who survives wild card games?

I have tickets for Game 2 in LA and would like to schedule my day. It's an NL only day, so I'm guessing Mets-Dodgers will be the 8 pm/5 pm game.

12. bigpern23

Buehrle wasn't sharp from Jump Street because he was pitching on a day's rest. He had already allowed runners to second and third on consecutive hits. And after the first run scored on the error by Encarnacion, what was his excuse for walking Beckham? Or serving up the grand slam to Butler? He didn't give the defense a chance to make a play on either of those. So, yeah, I understand Buehrle's defense did him no favors with two errors behind him, but he let the wheels fall off.

Ultimately, it didn't matter if Buehrle got six straight outs to start the game and reach his 200 IP, or if he got shellacked. With home field advantage on the line, it was monumentally stupid to indulge his silly quest for 200 IP, and it was incredibly selfish on his part to pursue it under those circumstances.

Draft saved Draft deleted