1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2015 MLB Postseason thread, aka: Will Mark Buehrle make an appearance?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Oct 5, 2015.

1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Cardinals vs. Royals just so the rest of the country -- and many fine SJ members -- can bitch about it all Series long.

exmediahack and Jake_Taylor like this.
  2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The problem is that those dumbasses will float on a 30-year high after that just from making it to the World Series, which they haven't done since 1945, and haven't done with real players since the Yankees swept their asses in 1938.

I was at the Bartman game. At the time, I was pretty indifferent, because I was covering it, and I actually liked the idea of covering a World Series. In hindsight, it was glorious.

I'm sure that the frat bros and blue hairs bused in from Iowa that make up their fan base will find something to do with the rest of their October once Cole shoves it up their ass on Wednesday night.

I Should Coco and Mr. Sunshine like this.
  3. Dick Whitman

I actually like Theo Epstein and what he's done. I like most of their players. Collectively, their fans can go pound sand, along with the glorified Little League park they play in.

I Should Coco likes this.
  4. Dick Whitman

OK, got that out of my system. :)

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Can't spell Canadian Club without CC.

6. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Pirates-Blue Jays is Fox's worst nightmare. Small market vs. no market at all for Nielsen's purposes.

7. RubberSoul1979

RubberSoul1979 Active Member

Do you want to win your division? You better spend more than half of other teams. Here's where the playoff teams ranked by payroll when the season started.

1) Dodgers $314 million
    2) Yankees $219 million
    7) Rangers $152 million
    10) Blue Jays $138 million
    11) Cubs $133 million
    12) Cardinals $132 million
    14) Royals $125 million
    15) Mets $120 million
    16) Pirates $98 million
    17) Astros $81 million

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
  8. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

"Quick! Tear down the ivy! Rip down the center-field scoreboard! Take out everything else that made Wrigley such a historic place! We've GOT to get back to the World Series!"

9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Payroll numbers 3 through 6 are looking askance at some nervous GMs right now. LAA already had a shakeup.

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I'd totally put the Astros and the Dodgers in the same "big spender" category.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Wait. You mean teams with larger payrolls have an advantage in MLB? Unpossible!

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Could also look at that chart and say six of the top nine payrolls missed the dance.

JC likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted