1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2015 golf thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Feb 6, 2015.

1. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

That's one of the few benefits of working second-shift newspaper hours: You can sneak a round in before work, with much lighter crowds and weekday prices.

Agree with all the commentary about family issues; it's also a reason the fraternal organizations are dying. With both mom and dad working in many homes, who wants to spend five hours on Saturday away from the spouse and kids? Or a couple hours on weeknights at the Elks Lodge?

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

This thread is going to mess around and get me back into golfing this year.

And I lied. Well, forgot. But there's definitely a 9-hole course on the other side of my neighborhood that I haven't tried yet. It's a small, shitty little course. Perfect for me!

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Here in the sticks, we have a Monday Night Mens Night.......starting after school gets out Mid-May, that is a great draw......The first Monday of the month is Steak Night......So, for $25, you get 9 holes of golf, beer for $1, steak, potato, all the fixings, and the chance of winning your money back....they typically play 4-man scrambles.....but, any other Monday is just a burger, sausage, fixings......all the same....but for $20. There will be anywhere from 40-50 people on a Monday.

Wednesday Night is league night.

Every Saturday/Sunday is special out here. Everyone who wants to play meets at the course at 12:30....12:00-12:15 if you need to chip and putt. But, come hell or high water, be on the first tee at 12:30, or get your ass left behind. We typically go off in 4-somes....sometimes 6-somes if there's no one else out. And the bets are high quality entertainment.....We actually had to limit the number of bets, because it could take up to 45 minutes to figure out the bets after the round when one of the guys had 7 or 8 bets. Team bets, indi bets.....

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I'm in my first 9-to-5ish job of my career (and I'm a man, I'm 40!) and losing those weekday morning rounds is such a killer.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

6. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

John Daly is a joke.

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

So? It doesn't mean he's wrong.

Canseco's a joke too, he was still right

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I wonder if this hurts the golf/home resale market. Myaaka Pines FL:

[​IMG]

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

They should drug test that gator.

10. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I wonder if anyone has ever hit a gator with a golf cart, intentionally or not, under the influence or not.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

No shit.
    Look at the size of that sumbitch.

12. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Would've been an Urban Meyer recruit a few years back but GPA was too high and rap sheet too small

Draft saved Draft deleted