1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2015-2016 Hot Stove League Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Armchair_QB, Nov 2, 2015.

1. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

After watching Fallon last night and seeing Hosmer go for the kiss on Christie Brinkley, that team can do whatever the hell they want this off season.

Big Circus and YankeeFan like this.
  2. studthug12

studthug12 Active Member

I would take, for value purposes, Gerardo Parra over Gordon. Parra might get 6 or 7 mil. maybe a bit more, but he's a Gold Glove caliber outfielder and will hit for a higher average and has pop in his bat. Will hit as many homers as Gordon probably. I wouldn't pay Gordon more than 12 per, maybe load it with incentives up to like 17 if he hits 20 HR and drives in 100 or something.

HandsomeHarley likes this.
  3. exmediahack

Biggest concern with Gordon is whether he can stay healthy. He's 32 and I can't see him being 75% as productive in three years.

The Royals played something like .600 ball in the weeks he was on the DL. I wouldn't be opposed to a Dyson-Cain-Orlando outfield if it means they'll keep the infield/Morales intact.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Parra finally came into his own this season. He's got 3-4 good years ahead, better years than I think Gordon will have. On the flip side, you try to keep as much of the nucleus together. Unless Royals brass is happy with one ring.

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

exmediahack likes this.
  6. studthug12

studthug12 Active Member

I don't really think Gordon is a pivotal part of the Royals nucleus. Not anymore. Escobar, the Royals' loaded bullpen, Moose, Perez, Cain, Escobar, Hosmer all higher on the priority list and more important to the organization than Gordon at this point. Not even close. He's a nice player, but if the Royals sign Parra, I doubt the team skips a beat.

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Wow, half of the HSL thread concerns Royals signings; my has this place changed.

Big Circus likes this.
  8. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Agreed. He has the name recognition because of the longtime potential and some decent play recently. But they wouldn't miss him that much, unfortunately. I'd let him move on if I had a say in it.

9. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

10. exmediahack

The team has gotten better around Alex Gordon. He's Kelly Tripucka on the Hornets once they got Zo and Grandmama.

Go let him be someone else's $16 million a year player.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Hell, Ruben Amaro Jr. went from Phils' GM to Red Sox first base coach. I've been watching baseball for almost 60 years, and I'm still not quite clear what the first base coach does besides hand guys their sliding gloves.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Well, they also hold onto the guys' batting gloves.

Draft saved Draft deleted