1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2015-2016 Hot Stove League Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Armchair_QB, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

The Royals almost certainly won't offer as much per year as Boston or a few other teams. I wonder if they'd have a shot offering less per year, but more years and maybe a nudge-nudge agreement he could have a cushy vice president job like George Brett when he's done.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

For teams that value payroll flexibility, adding years is typically something to be avoided. Adding years to a deal for a 31-year-old is probably not a good idea.

3. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

If they can keep Hosmer, Davis and, somehow, Zobrist, I'll be thrilled.

A core of Cain, Escobar, Dyson, Orlando, Perez, Hosmer, Zobrist. Moustakas/Cuthbert would make me happy. I've seen enough from Cuthbert to be okay with him at third if it means they'll upgrade a starting pitcher.

4. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Probably right. Gordon's about the only one I could imagine doing it for, but even with him it's probably a case of using heart over brain.

5. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

He also knows how to make Robert Conrad shut up, if only for five minutes.

Vombatus likes this.
  6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

7. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Ugh. Even from the side, that new videoboard looks like crap.

8. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

10. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Strasburg's arm says "ow".

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I keep hearing Nats fans scream "Noooo!!!!" at the Baker news. Honestly, I don't know much about him, other than what I read here. So, who exactly has this guy ruined and when? Is it just something that happened a decade ago that still follows him because people are ignorant, or is this a real thing? Does he make guys throw 140-150 pitches every 3 days or something? Given the way Rizzo has handled his injured pitchers, I can't imagine he'd hire Baker if he honestly thought his current crop of young guys would be in danger.

12. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted