1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2014-15 NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I've read stories about the possibility the Pacers will try and tank, but the problem is so many teams are employing (or could employ) that strategy that it won't work anymore, even though owners voted recently to continue to allow it to happen.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Over/under on the number of times Kobe has 50 or more FGA this season is 2 1/2.

THe record, in case you need reminding, is 63 by Wilt Jordan is 2nd, Kobe has 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th place

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Hell of a win last night for Charlotte. Largest comeback in franchise history. Kemba Walker was money. And that arena looked alive. Great atmosphere. If it continues, I'll have to head down for a game at some point.

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I went to a game there in 2008 and there were about 5,000 fans in the stands. A ticket scalper outside actually tried to sell us tickets above face value. We declined, went to the ticket window and bought upper level tickets for $10.

The building was nice, though. I'd be interested to see what it's like with fans who are into the game.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The Lakers are just horrendous, which is awesome to see.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The Lakers as we knew them died with Jerry Buss.

Yeah, Kupchak is part of that old school but I don't think he really works as their GM anymore.

The Lakers are dead.

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

At this point, Lakers fans should root for them to tank and try to keep one of the first-round picks they gave up for Nash. Gotta be top 5, I think, for them to keep it.

This is going to get ugly for them this year, especially with Randle out. Ugly.

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

With their current luck, they'll end up with #6 pick.

9. heyabbott

Karma is cruel, but a helluva dancer

10. heyabbott

https://instagram.com/p/uvs_AdKWSq/embed/

It was plainly clear that Kobe Bryant called Dwight Howard "soft" while shit-talking his former teammate on opening night, but now, thanks to an intrepid Instagram user who was sitting courtside at the game, we know that Kobe also called Dwight a "bitch-ass nigga."- Deapspin

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

All that circus intro shit in Cleveland, for naught.

Knicks 95, Cavs 90.

12. heyabbott

Sports is a wonderful diversion from the endless heaping of puss coated shit that lands upon the wroking person everyday of their lives. But I wish that the strength and breadth of the animus directed at LeBron James, Jameis Winston, Tony Romo, Rodger Goodell ... were actually aimed, with the same intensity at Obama, McConnell, Cruz, Ebola, ISIS ...

We've taken our hostility out on the actors diverting our attention from our everyday problems to such a large extent that our diversions have become our reality and our reality merely diverts our attention from our pleasures.

Draft saved Draft deleted