1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2012 NFL coaches carousel thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Dec 3, 2011.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

That's interesting because the other two names mentioned for the Jags job were Jay Gruden and Mularkey. Jay Gruden is a LaMonte client as well. I don't know about Mularkey.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I will say that if ever a team was screaming for Bill Cowher, it's the Lions. Not saying they will get him, but that would be a perfect fit.

They would just need to draft a bruising running back next spring.

3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Wasn't there one of those who was actually from Detroit? I can't recall...I wish the guys on Fox had highlighted the fact more.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

The Train...

The Semi...

What was his name?

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

They were talking on the radio that the Lions might look to make a change if the team implodes any more down the stretch. There are a lot of people who think some of the dirty play has been encouraged by the HC.

I don't think they make a move, but I could see Fisher or Cowher doing well there.

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

They lead the league with 26 personal fouls. That's Jerry Glanville territory.

7. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

What glorious times:

First off, let's address that picture of ex-Minnesota coaches Les Steckel (left, Vikings) and Lou Holtz (right, Gophers). It is a gift. A gift discovered quite casually during a search of "Steckel" in our Star Tribune photo archive. We believe everyone should treasure this gift. Put it in your mental time capsule. Label it "1984 Minnesota football." And never forget.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/135123663.html

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

The Lions would be stupid to fire Schwartz. But they're the Lions, so you should expect it.

9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I hope Schwartz sticks around.

10. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

I don't know. The Lions are the stupidest, most undisciplined NFL team I've ever seen in my life.

The way the NFL is being officiated these days, every team is going to get a few personal fouls for late hits, unnecessary roughness and such.

But what I saw Sunday against the Saints was just silly stuff that cost them a chance to maybe win that game. And it starts with the head coach.

If they don't make the playoffs after a 5-0 start, I wouldn't be shocked if Schwartz takes the fall for it.

11. podunk press

podunk press Active Member

Schwartz isn't going anywhere.

I can't shake the feeling that Fisher winds up in Dallas.

And as a Redskins fan, please allow me to point to San Diego ownership and say, "we've been warning you about Norv for years."

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Fisher is Schwartz's Obi-Wan Kenobi, so getting rid of Schwartz for Fisher wouldn't fix anything. Schwartz basically sold himself to the Lions on the idea he had apprenticed under Fisher.

Schwartz isn't in trouble, barring a game-clearing brawl or major suspensions or something like that from here on out (Or, I suppose, if they lose out).

I didn't pay enough attention to Gunther Cunningham's previous stops -- were his teams penalty-prone brawlers too?

Remember, the Lions led the world in penalties under the dumbfuck Millen and the dumbfuck coaching staffs he brought in, too. I think as much as anything the problem is they still haven't gotten rid of everybody they possibly could have from that era.

Draft saved Draft deleted