1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2012 NFL coaches carousel thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Dec 3, 2011.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

After Del Rio, Norv beats Caldwell to the firing line.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/dec/02/looking-more-smith-join-turner-unemployment-least-/

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Definitely

Jags
    Colts
    Dolphins
    Chargers

Maybe

Eagles
    Giants
    Chiefs
    Cardinals
    Rams
    Bucs

Probably safe

Vikings
    Panthers

I might be forgetting one...

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

My thoughts

4. kevinj114

kevinj114 New Member

I don't understand why Leslie Frazier isn't mentioned more. That team could've started 4-0 and blew all four games, mostly from poor decisions and lack of motivation while having a lead. And it's been all downhill from there. He's been an utter failure.

I think the Philly job is the one that could pull Jon Gruden (hopefully) out of the booth. A ready-to-compete team that he can get all the credit for. Plus he always had a hard-on for Vick when he was in Tampa.

It's just nice that sanity has finally struck San Diego and Jacksonville. Long time coming for both of those coaches.

5. Mizzougrad96

I'd be curious how many non Redskin-Cowboys-Raiders coaches have been fired after just one season...

I know there are a few. Ray Rhodes comes to mind. It doesn't happen often. I don't think it will happen to Frazier.

6. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Rivera is the right guy in Carolina. They aren't losing by much this year.

7. Mizzougrad96

The only reason I have Rivera on the list is maybe Carolina brings in someone who is more capable of turning Newton into an elite QB. I don't think they'll fire him either...

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

What has Newton not done to lead you to believe he is not on that path?

9. CYowSMR

CYowSMR Member

61% completion rate. Sacked 26 times. 12 TDs 14 INTs.

If his % gets to 67-68% and he can quit turning the ball over...he'll be there.

10. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

But he IS a rookie. Peyton threw, what, 20-plus picks his rookie year and turned out fine. Different QBs obviously, but both very talented.

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

If he can get the percentage down to 45 they will probably start to win games.

You can't just leave out his rushing td's.

12. CYowSMR

CYowSMR Member

I don't just leave them out. But as a passer, he's on his way, but not there or even close. He is better than predicted though!

Draft saved Draft deleted