1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2011-12 College Basketball thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Blitz, Nov 7, 2011.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

As much as I dislike Duke and the rat, I hope we don't have the same shit anywhere else that happened at Penn State. Academic fraud, paying off athletes and recruits at Duke? Bring it on. The other shit. No. Way. Even at Duke basketball. And it's in the top three of teams/organizations that I despise.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I know, I know ... and it's a tragedy that Jim Nantz and Billy Packer aren't there on either side of Dickie V. to make it complete.

3. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

Colorado State beating Stanford on ESPNU. Just saying ;D. Seriously hoping the Rams and Oklahoma State meet up in the next round. My parent's alma mater vs. mine.

4. Matt Stephens

And WOW! Stanford just hit one helluva shot 3/4 court at the half.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I'm suuure it was juuust as riveting the second time as the first.

::) ::) ::)

6. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Kansas could have went into the half up double digits if it converted around the basket, but instead it was tied. Kentucky opens it up early in the second half and wins by 10. I think both teams are going to be really tough to beat by February.

I was surprised there was a McPoyle playing for UK. [/It'sAlwaysSunnyInPhiladelphia]

7. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Really UCLA? You follow up an 11-point home loss to Loyola with a 20-point home loss to Middle Tennessee?

8. Matt Stephens

That's Pac-12 basketball for ya.

9. btm

btm Member

We have our first eyebrow raiser of the year.

Long Beach St. 86, Pitt 76

10. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

UCLA's already had two. Is Howland that bad a coach?

11. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

Has a team been more overrated year after year than Pitt over the last 10 or so years?

Every year they come in highly ranked, pad their record with horribly soft non-conference schedules, get a high seed in the NCAAs then disappoint once the dance begins. They did it under Howland and they've kept doing it under Jamie Dixon.

When will Pitt stop getting this undeserved hype?

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

When it becomes another orbiting moon in the Dook-Carolina galaxy.

Draft saved Draft deleted