1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2011-12 College Basketball thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Blitz, Nov 7, 2011.

1. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

Hey, Ohio Valley Conference- This is the most attention paid to your conference championship game in a good while, and you're playing it in a Municipal Auditorium that looks like they should've shut the place down decades ago. Well done.

(Would it hurt to get rid of the random construction boards and shit in each corner?

2. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

When did they move the OVC Tournament from the Sommet Center/Bridgestone Arena/whatever it's named now?

3. king cranium maximus IV

The SEC Women's Tournament is in Bridgestone Arena this year, for whatever it's worth.

4. king cranium maximus IV

And everyone on the bubble breathes a sigh of relief.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Municipal Auditorium

6. dixiehack

Don't know how that posted. Was trying to say it was a dump 20 years ago, much less now. But Nashville is perfect for OVC fanbases that actually travel.

7. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I might rather have Kenny Boynton and Bradley Beal at Florida or Doron Lamb and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist at Kentucky, without even leaving the SEC East. There's also Marcus Denmon and Kim English at Missouri. But the Vanderbilt wings are high on the list, for sure.

Taylor looked like a future lottery pick as a freshman, but he slipped because he looked passive too often. He's had a very nice senior season, though. I can't get enough Jenkins. I have no question he'll find a role -- perhaps as a backup shooter, but a role nonetheless -- in the NBA.

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

ROCKY TOP!

If Cuonzo Martin doesn't get a shit-load of CoY votes, something's wrong with the system.

9. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

So looking forward to UNC-Duke tonight.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Is Northwestern in now? Obviously a lot of things can still happen. But they have to be pretty solidly in at this moment.

11. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I think they need a win, maybe two, in the Big Ten tournament.

12. dixiehack

Wichita State losing today did nobody on the bubble any favors.

Draft saved Draft deleted