1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2010 PGA Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Captain_Kirk, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

This would be extreme bullshit if he gets penalized for grounding the club on 18.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

No way. If that's a bunker, I'm Shaq

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

When I started the day, i was second overall in the Yahoo Fantasy golf league for the week. Not in the sj group -- in all of Yahoo. I still have three of the top four golfers. Thank you Nick Watney for choking like a dog...

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Wow. What a hose job. Why is the gallery IN A BUNKER?

5. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Golf is a game of honor.

That ruling is a dishonor... to golf and to sport.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

OK, two of the top four...

7. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Not really - after hearing the USGA guy right now give the interview - it was very clear in the rules prior to the championship that there were certain areas and old bunkers outside the ropes which would be treated by the same rules which govern bunkers in terms of relief.

It is a tough break, but it was the correct ruling based on the rules handed out to all the players before the week.

8. rtse11

rtse11 Well-Known Member

Bullshit - if that was Tiger it would have never been called.

9. littlehurt98

littlehurt98 Member

If that was a Bunker, i'm entitled to the Rockefeller fortune.

10. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Correct ruling. A ruling set up by assholes.

Edit: I see that they're set to go back there in 2015. PGA should reconsider it.

11. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Jason Sobel made a good point on his live BLOG!, that being that the reason that it's unfair isn't necessarily the 'everything sand is a bunker' rule, but that the only reason anyone saw it was because he was doing it in the last group on Sunday and was thus on TV.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The rules official on TV (which I was watching on mute, due to dinner considerations) was the very picture of a midlevel bureaucrat attempting to justify his petty existence -- and failing. He didn't look like a guy confident in the justice of his case, for sure.

Draft saved Draft deleted