1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2010 NCAA Division I Women's Basketball Tournament thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Griner vs. Charles is gonna be a battle.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I think Baylor's got a case of the big eye right now. They look nervous and tentative.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Noticed the court first thing during the first game. U-G-L-Y. Almost made Oklahoma's road unis look pink. Hideous about sums it up.

Baylor looks like it wants to fight back. (*cue the Griner punch jokes, I know ... *)

4. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Finally! A sideline report that's worth something.
    Holly Rowe recounted watching Boaylor coach Kim Mulkey tell B. Griner to get out there and play out the half.
    Griner (Rowe said) kept telling her coach, "I'm out, I'm out" but Mulkey ordered her back out on the court.

UConn winning by about 15 with a minute left in the first half.

5. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

39-26 UConn at half. UConn's closest halftime margin in the tournament.

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

If Baylor cuts the turnovers, we could have a game on our hands. UConn's defense can't keep the Lady Bears from a bunch of layups and/or free throws. Geno not really happy about it ... and, for once, I think he's on point instead of dredging up crap just because.

7. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

We did have a game on our hands briefly. Baylor made a 12-0 run early in the second half to get within 3. But that ran out of steam and UConn is now back up by 13.

8. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

Good year for Baylor. Next year will be trouble, especially if Mulkey finds shooters to put around Griner. Hell of a freshman campaign for Griner.

And, man, does that court look atrocious. Are they just looking for ways so people turn away from a women's college basketball game?

9. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

It is amazing to me that UConn is so good that I watched a 20-point win tonight, one which there was only a few minutes where it was legitimately close, and came away feeling like the Huskies needed to score in the final seconds just to win......

And if Baylor doesn't win at least two, if not three, of the next three national titles there is something wrong.

10. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

By the way, did anyone else find this exchange before the game between Mark Schwartz and Geno to be at least a little bizarre?

Auriemma: I don't think we'll be winning at the level we're winning at right now. Even next year, we're not going to be.

Schwarz: Why's that?

Auriemma: Too many changes in the line-up. Let me tell you something. If we're still undefeated next year at the end of December, then you know what? I'm not going to come back afterward.

Schwarz: Why not?

Auriemma: It will be pointless. I will just lose all respect for everybody coaching college basketball in this country.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Which exemplifies why Auriemma is so uniformly hated by everyone outside the UConn Kool-Aid society.

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

He's a raging prick.

And his last line was shit. He HAS no respect for anyone in women's basketball.

Draft saved Draft deleted