1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2010-11 BKC thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

The UK-Oklahoma game going on right now in Maui looks like a Kentucky home game. About 95 percent blue and white in the crowd.

2. Ilmago

Ilmago Guest

Harrison Barnes once again showed signs that he isn’t ready for premiere competition as he was dominated by Jeffery Taylor. Taylor set the tone early by scoring Vanderbilt’s first 11 points within 5 minutes of tip off. He also made his mark defensively by sticking Barnes. At one point during that 5 minute span Taylor knocked down a 3 and Barnes tried to answer immediately at the other end. Barnes took the ball on the shoulder and drove right at Taylor, going up for a shot near the lane. Taylor stood his ground and overpowered Barnes with a strong rejection.

John Henson turned the ball over a ridiculous 6 times in 16 minutes, air balled a free throw, and drew an unnecessary offensive foul where he basically run blocked Tyler Zeller’s defender under the hoop in what I guess was a pick attempt.

Not so impressive was the highly touted C.J. Leslie who scored just 8 points on 3 of 10 shooting and was a non-factor in the half court. His shot looked poor and it doesn’t look like he has the body to dominate around the rim yet in spite of his athleticism.

Kenneth Faried is really the only person I want to talk about in this game, posting a spectacular 20-point and 18-rebound effort. Morehead went to the break with Florida doubling its point total 34 to 17. Instead of lying down like most small conference teams would against a clearly superior opponent, Faried came out on a mission in the second half and recorded most of his points and rebounds. He created 7 second chances for his team and made his presence felt all over the court. How this guy escaped the Big East’s grasp is beyond me.

3. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

You can see UK's fate a mile away this season: In the NCAA tournament, someone with a decent front line's going to stop them in their tracks.

4. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I've watched Faried play for three years now. He's a beast and a good interview. He nearly went pro after last season but decided to come back for his senior season. There were a lot of rumors two years ago that he was leaving and going to Rutgers, as he's from New Jersey originally.

He's just a fun player to watch...unless, of course, you're covering the other team and he's just running all over them. :p

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Sparty, overrrrrr-rated. ::) ::)

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Is there a special vintage you break out from the wine cellar for these occasions?

Meanwhile, K-State not looking ready for the grown-ups table.

7. mb

mb Active Member

In all seriousness, is anybody going to be really good this year? Michigan State might well be the 2nd-best of a really mediocre bunch this year.

8. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I like having a game like this in November. Gives them plenty of chances to correct things, get on the same page, get the nerves of playing Duke out of the way early, etc.

9. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Oklahoma about to lose to Chaminade.

10. dixiehack

Is Starman in bed with a cold? Michigan State is pissing down its leg right now.

11. dixiehack

Tulsa and UNLV on ESPN2 right now. Can someone please explain the pattern on the side of Tulsa's shorts? It looks like the safe zone from Yars' Revenge.

12. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I know Stanford is a special kind of suck, but Murray State made them look like a junior high basketball team.

The final score made it look close but Murray was just better.

And if I was an OVC fan, I think I'd be circling Dec. 4 when Murray and Morehead clash. That could be some kind of ballgame.

Draft saved Draft deleted