1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2010-11 BKC thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

They got boatraced by VCU tonight, too. At home. By a commuter school no less. Some dude I know used to work there or something.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Iowa is going to suck at a high rate of speed this year.

3. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Both teams are ranked in the top-10. You are really going out on a limb there. :D

4. Jake_Taylor

The ACC, doesn't have down years. Just ask their coaches. It's an absolute travesty if the league doesn't get at least six teams in the tournament.

There's going to be some good basketball played in the state of Virginia this year. The Hokies are better than they looked in the second half today and Richmond and VCU should be solid mid-majors. Even Virginia might surprise some people now that Bennett has some of his kind of guys in there. The Cavs are probably a year or two away though.

5. AgatePage

AgatePage Active Member

6. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

7. Jake_Taylor

Yeah, I'm just playing. I've seen plenty of team ranked high in November not make the tourney.

8. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

I'm counting on the maroon-clad team NOT being ranked early, then BEING ranked late.
    It can work both ways.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Sparty, ranked No. 2, comes out and plays like No. 42. ::) ::)

10. AgatePage

AgatePage Active Member

san diego state on the verge of completely screwing the pooch here. steve fisher, proving year after year that his six-game win streak to begin the career was a complete fluke ...

11. Hokie_pokie

Hokie_pokie Well-Known Member

VCU 90, Wake 69 -- at Wake.

Good for you, Ron Wellman, you douche. That's what you get for running off a good coach and a good person (Gaudio) who stepped up and led the program with a steady, classy hand after Prosser died, in order to hire your good buddy Bzdelik. Karma's a bitch.

I'd love to see Wake go winless in the ACC this year, but considering the mediocre state of the conference (other than the Dukies, obviously), that's probably not going to happen.

12. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Dickie V is referring to the Illini tonight as "the Flying Illini." I was a high school sophomore when that team was on the floor. These guys are decent, but there is no comparison to a squad that featured Kendall Gill, Kenny Battle, Steve Bardo, Lowell Hamilton and Nick Anderson.

Draft saved Draft deleted