1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2008 SEC Football Media Days thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Rockbottom, Jul 23, 2008.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Look, this thing may have all the news value of a Wednesday morning Rotary Club breakfast, but people from across a nine-state region will eat this shit up all week. Every single word. And at this point, I'm loathe to declare a pox on anything that will move papers.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'll actually defend this. There is a ton of interest in this.

I'm not saying there should be, but there is...

3. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

And does she need to be tucked in?
    And does she need to be tucked into bed?

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Agreed.

I'm just tickled by the local sports radio yappers who insist on doing their shows from the Wynfrey. Sometimes I think the only reason they go is because the SEC sends out free steaks from Don Shula's one afternoon.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

A. Don't nobody go thinking it is cute to post that picture that got plenty of air time here before. It ain't cute.
    B. I'm not buying 750.
    C. Haven't seen Charles in years but he was one of my favorite people when I used to visit his then-school often. Someone please tell him hello for me.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Dear Webby:

Please print me up a quick credential from SportsJournalists.com. I promise to mail back leftovers.

Love
    dixiehack

7. Mizzougrad96

I'm definitely believing 750.

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Breaking news, via Finebaum....Seven writers followed Tebow into the men's room.

Also, my sources say 750 seems legit.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Far be it from me to buy into the SEC hype, but yeah -- I'd believe it. I went a couple of years ago and I was flatout floored by the media area. Now, having said that, a lot of the people will go for their team then head home. And some go for the graft and media guides and are never seen again.
    But I've been to both the SEC and Big Ten and if the SEC sayd between 700 and 800, I'll buy it.

10. Mizzougrad96

I'd believe 1,000.

Those people are insane down there.

11. Mizzougrad96

Can someone down there count how many times writers refer to the teams they cover as "we"?

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Why are you only pissing on the writers? The radio geeks and internet clods are f-a-r worse -- at least worst than the papers over 40K...

Draft saved Draft deleted