1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2007 NHL regular season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Word for word.

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I think Boudreau will win the Jack Adams, although someone could make an argument for Barry Trotz (Nashville) and Denis Savard (Chicago).

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Last Place on Thanksgiving. Worst record in the NHL. Same season they vault to the third seed in the East. Bruce's nickname should be Jack Adams.

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

FH, I agree he should win the Jack Adams.

Philly, Boston, Ottawa, the Rangers. I can't see any Eastern Conference team that wants to play the Caps right now.

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Backstrom deserves the Calder too. Really, just send all the trophies c/o Ted Leonsis and AOL.

6. accguy

accguy Member

A friend of mine who is a huge Canes fan changed his facebook photo this morning to a nice photoshopped photo of one of the Canes from when they won the cup.

Except for holding the cup over his head, he's holding a golf bag. Pretty fitting I guess.

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I like Backstrom. I think he's going to be a hell of a player. But I think he'll lose the Calder to Carey Price.

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

That should fit a Thrashers fan. Atlanta has looked ready for the golf course since Valentine's Day.

The Whalercanes did it to themselves. Either a win over Washington on Tuesday or Florida on Friday and this wouldn't have been an issue. It's that simple.

9. Flash

Flash Guest

See what the Flames can do when the game doesn't mean a damn?

Although Iginla just logged his 50th ...

10. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

i guess it's nice that the 'canes haven't followed up the cup with some miami heat-esque crap...but damn, this still hurts.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

OK, I'm gonna be a prick here.

Carey Price is the Calder.

Lidstrom is the Hart and the James Norris

OV is the Lester Pearson

Any bets?

12. Simon

Simon Active Member

Can anyone give breakdown of west seeding? Obviously, if Colorado wins, it will move into 6 seed but can it pass dallas on a tie breaker?

Draft saved Draft deleted