1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2007 MLB Post-Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Sep 29, 2007.

?

Who is going to win the World Series (once the Mets or Phils are eliminated, I'll whack out the N.L.

1. Red Sox

14 vote(s)
    23.0%
  2. Indians

7 vote(s)
    11.5%
  3. Angels

9 vote(s)
    14.8%
  4. Yankees

6 vote(s)
    9.8%
  5. Phillies

4 vote(s)
    6.6%
  6. Cubs

10 vote(s)
    16.4%
  7. Diamondbacks

3 vote(s)
    4.9%
  8. Rockies

8 vote(s)
    13.1%
  1. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

God I love October. Finished up all my work for the day early so I could get to the bar and watch Padres-Rockies. This is just awesome (good thing is fanboy doesn't cover MLB! I geek out way too much this time of year).

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Escobar has been pitching most of the season with some kind of knee problem. He said that it was bothering him more around the beginning of September and hasn't pitched as well since then.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Maybe the ironic thing about this whole season is the hubbub given the Phils for their 10,000th career loss, and their miracle comeback to win the division.

I'm going to says Phila over New York in the World Series. And god help the city of brotherly love when that happens, brother.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

Please, Xan. NO!
    There is no way I could stomach a Phils-Yanks World Series.
    The mere thought of it makes me want to puke.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

They said it would never happen:

Cubs v. Red Sox

6. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

I'm holding out hope for Cubs vs. Indians, but Cubs vs. anyone will suit me just fine.

7. Dangerous_K

[​IMG]

"Second."

8. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Cubs v. Yankees

9. Dangerous_K

Like Barsuk said, Cubs vs. anyone would be pretty incredible. ESPN might explode and the world will grow sick of them, but damnit after the Red and White Sox, it's their turn! Unless of course it's Cleveland's turn...

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Come on, it's the Yankees turn. As a fan I've waited six long years and it is getting very annoying.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Wait, the Cubs are in the playoffs? When the hell did that happen?

12. Dangerous_K

Funny you should say that (in jest I hope), because a Yankee fan friend was bitching this off-season about how long it's been since they won a World Series. Sigh.

Draft saved Draft deleted